Melody

Here’s an idea from Julie:
I had an idea for a BTT question when I was taking a peek at one of my bookcases yesterday and spotted my old copy of the Aeneid in Latin sitting there. Maybe this question has already been done—but if not… Do you have any foreign language books and if so can you (still) read them?

Well, besides English novels, I do have chinese novels and mangas which I read from time to time. I also have three Japanese mangas in my TBR pile. No, don't get me wrong, I don't understand anything in Japanese! It's just that I love that artist's mangas so much that I have to get her new releases (and it's so hard to get the translated Chinese version nowadays). The advantage of reading manga is, you just have to look at the pictures and you can more or less guess the plot, hehe. (Although I wish I'm able to read all to get the whole picture!!)

Don’t forget to leave a link to your actual response (so people don’t have to go searching for it) in the comments—or if you prefer, leave your answers in the comments themselves!

8 Responses
  1. Anonymous Says:

    I have done that before, buy a manga book in Japenese that I can't read because it is so beautiful.


  2. Melody Says:

    Hi Rhinoa, I totally agree!!! :D
    Happy BTT!


  3. Thank goodness for pictures! LOL...

    Mine answer is here.


  4. meowminx Says:

    I also agree with you Melody and Rhinoa! I love Japanese manga - they are all drawn so beautifully (makes me wish I could draw like that too!)

    My answer can be found here


  5. Alice Says:

    Hi hi Melody, I can't read Chinese to save my life! But I'm trying to learn now. Shame on me. LOL.

    Happy BTT, my friend!


  6. Anonymous Says:

    I bet they are beautiful. Happy BTT!


  7. Hi, Melody! My husband has Japanese manga as well. English, unfortunately, is the only language I can speak, write, and read well enough to get by in.


  8. Melody Says:

    Hi Marianne, thanks for visiting! :)

    Hi meowminx, thanks for stopping by. I wish I'm able to draw mangas too! Ahh....

    Hi Alice, it's never too late to learn in my opinion! I wish I can understand Malay, hehe.

    Hi Kristy, thanks! Yes, they are!!! :D

    Hi Wendy! Seems like a few of us here are hooked to Japanese mangas. There must be something magical about them, LOL.


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you.