Melody

Well, after last week’s record-breaking number of responses (92 last time I checked–an all-time BTT record), I was tempted to use this week’s question to ask what you all thought about Harry Potter 7–but since a decent proportion of you weren’t going to be reading it at all, that seemed unfair. So instead . . .

Who’s the worst fictional villain you can think of? As in, the one you hate the most, find the most evil, are happiest to see defeated? Not the cardboard, two-dimensional variety, but the most deliciously-written, most entertaining, best villain? Not necessarily the most “evil,” so much as the best-conceived on the part of the author…oh, you know what I mean!

Don’t forget to leave a link to your actual response (so people don’t have to go searching for it) in the comments—or if you prefer, leave your answers in the comments themselves!

The murderer in Birdman, written by Mo Hayder. (Sorry, I'm not going to release the name for fear of spoilers.) He is the most cold-hearted, ruthless and evil villain I have read so far. The way he handled his victims are horrific and even thinking of it now still send shivers down my spine. His famous signature - to have a little bird sewn into the victim's chest after he had horribly mutilated them. It's a very dark story, and also the most memorable crime thriller I have ever read to-date.
8 Responses
  1. Amy Says:

    Too Funny! I just picked up the book "Pig Island" by this author because it was in the new books pile at the library. Then I read the reviews at amazon and got freaked out so I am not sure I want to read it.


  2. Melody Says:

    Hi Amy! I enjoyed reading Pig Island...I admit it's a little creepy but that's Mo Hayder's style. Let me know what you think if you decided to read it. ;)


  3. I really need to read Pig Island and The Birdman (and the Treatment, is that right?). I hadn't even thought about the bad guy from The Devil in Nanking--he was pure evil!


  4. Alice Says:

    My vampire doesn't sound anyway near as horrible as the one you have just pointed out. Creepy...

    Happy BTT, Mel!


  5. Sounds like something I need to check out in the future, good choice!


  6. Julia Says:

    Melody - You going to be disappointed in me, beccause I haven't pick up and read any books by Mo Hayder yet...*duck head and hide from Melody* I will soon..promise! ;) :)


  7. Melody Says:

    Hi Alice, indeed it is creepy!!! *shudders* Hopefully you will pick up this book, hehe.

    Hi Erin, thanks for stopping by! I hope you'll read this book soon. :)

    Hey Julia, obviously you aren't even listening to me, LOL! Kidding! ;P Try her books, it's worth reading, at least IMO. :D


  8. Debi Says:

    Ewwww...now that does sound like one for the villain record books. I've never even heard of Mo Hayder before...but I'll be looking for the books now!


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you.