Melody

(See related post)


Here is the list of books I read in May:
  1. Fragile Things by Neil Gaiman
  2. Enna Burning by Shannon Hale
  3. The Choice by Nicholas Sparks
  4. One True Thing by Anna Quindlen
  5. Vanishing Acts by Jodi Picoult
  6. The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield (currently reading)
  7. Fire and Ice by Anne Stuart (currently reading)

I wouldn't say I have read a lot or too few books in this month, since it is about the average number of books I read each month. I am currently enjoying The Thirteenth Tale and Fire and Ice; I am reading the first book with Jaimie and the story is very intriguing right from the beginning. In this story, author Vida Winter is a mysterious character and I can't wait to find out her story as told to the young biographer, Margaret Lea. Fire and Ice is another exciting read, as I am reading this with Alice and Julia. With flaming red hair and tattooed cheekbones, Bad boy Reno is not your typical hero and I am eager to find out how sparks fly between him and the brainy beauty heroine, Jilly Lovitz as they race across Japan to escape from being assassinated.

I would also like to take this opportunity to thank Mary Poppins for hosting this.

By the way, if you have read any of the books above (or any from my book list as shown on the right bar), please email me so that I can link up your review to mine.

Labels: edit post
10 Responses
  1. Ana S. Says:

    I look forward to your thoughts on The Thirteenth Tale. I've been meaning to read that one!


  2. Melody Says:

    I'm really enjoying it, Nymeth! I can't wait to finish the book! ;)


  3. Julia Says:

    Me too, looking forward to hear your review on The Thirteenth Tale.

    You may not think you've read a lot for each months, but you have read a LOT in totals of books since the beginning of Jan. More then I do :)


  4. Melody Says:

    It's really good, Julia! I'm hoping to finish within these few days... depending how fast (or slow) I am! ;)


  5. Debi Says:

    I've got The Thirteenth Tale in my pile of books, too, and have been dying to read it...along with the other thousand books I've got there. lol

    Looks like a nice varied pile of reading you cranked out for May, Melody! Congrats!


  6. Alice Says:

    Hi Melody, I kept seeing The Thirteenth Tale at the bookstores but I didn't buy it. It's currently sitting in my wishlist. :)

    Can't wait to read your review!


  7. I am so glad you are enjoying The Thirteenth Tale. It was one of my favorites the year I read it.

    I started reading a book called The Raw Shark Texts last night and am enjoying it. It's about a man who suffers from memory loss and is trying to figure out who he was


  8. Melody Says:

    Debi - Go read it! What're you waiting for?! ;P

    Alice - You should buy it! I love the premise, everything about the book just gives me the intrigued feeling. I'm hoping to finish the book soon. :)

    Wendy - I think it'll be one of my favourite books read this year.

    The Raw Shark Texts sounds good, I can't wait to read your review!


  9. Anonymous Says:

    You are the third or fourth Binger who has a Gaiman on his/her list. Obviously, I need to get one of his books! Is there one you'd recommend as a good 'starter' book?


  10. Melody Says:

    Mary - Neil Gaiman's books are a must read! I'd recommend Coraline because that's the first book that got me hooked to his books! :)


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you.