Melody

Booking Through ThursdayCheck Spelling

Monica suggested this one:
Got this idea from Literary Feline during her recent contest:

“Name a favorite literary couple and tell me why they are a favorite. If you cannot choose just one, that is okay too. Name as many as you like–sometimes narrowing down a list can be extremely difficult and painful. Or maybe that’s just me.”

I am a great fan of romance novels, although it seems it has been some time since I read this genre. Actually, there are several literary couples that I like from other genres too. However, one of my favourite literary couples have to be the ever independent and opinionated Elizabeth Bennet and the arrogant Mr. Darcy. I just enjoyed reading the tension between them from the beginning and how they have fallen in love at the end. (Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen)

Another literary couple that comes to mind is Whitney Stone and Clayton Westmoreland. The heroine reminds me a little of Elizabeth Bennet because of her strong personality; but most of all, it is simply a wonderful and moving love story that captured my heart. (Whitney, My Love by Judith McNaught)

I am sure I would go on and on with the list but I feel the above-mentioned literary couples are the most unforgettable amongst all.

What about you?

14 Responses
  1. SmilingSally Says:

    I chose another couple.


  2. Anonymous Says:

    Elizabeth Bennett and Mr. Darcy would top the chart this week I'm sure. :)


  3. Ana S. Says:

    I'm pretty happy to finally know exactly what people mean when they talk about Elizabeth and Mr Darcy being a great couple :P


  4. Melody Says:

    Sally - You've piqued my interest. I'll have to head over to your blog to read your reply in a moment. ;)

    Matt - I'm pretty sure they'll top the chart this week, hehe...

    Nymeth - They're a great couple IMO. I'm glad most readers share the same view too.


  5. Alice Says:

    I like Stephenie Meyer's Bella Swan and Edward Cullen...

    And, Colleen Gleason's Victoria Gardella and Sebastian Vioget (I just don't like V's final choice in the latest installment).

    And, of course, Elizabeth and Mr Darcy... :D


  6. Melody Says:

    Alice - Oh, thanks for mentioning the well beloved characters by Stephenie Meyer and Colleen Gleason! I can't believe I had left them out... I've to blame it on my sleep deprived mind while drafting the post last night! :P


  7. The Bookworm Says:

    Elizabeth Bennet and Mr. Darcy are one of my favorites too :)
    I havent read Whitney, My Love, I'll have to check that out.

    http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com/


  8. Melody Says:

    Naida - It sure seems like Elizabeth Bennet and Mr. Darcy is the top pick for this week's topic... ;)

    I'm a great fan of Judith McNaught so I'm hoping you'd read her books soon!


  9. Kim L Says:

    I totally agree with you! I would pick that couple any day!



  10. Elizabeth and Darcy are classics! I think I prefer the darker Cathy and Heathcliff, though, from Wuthering Heights.


  11. Melody Says:

    Trish - Oh, I haven't read that book yet. I'll have to add it to my wishlist. :)


  12. Julia Says:

    I have forgotten that you like Judith McNaught books! I love her books and have read all of her books. I'm just waiting for her newest to come out...I too love "Whitney, My Love", even though I knew some reader either love it or hate it.


  13. Melody Says:

    Oh, I love her books, Julia! I'm hoping she'd write faster... it seems like a long time to read her latest releases nowadays.


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you.