Melody
This is a weekly event hosted by Marcia of The Printed Page every Wednesday.

Marcia says:

I love beautiful, and interesting, cover art so every Wednesday I post my 'Cover Attraction' for the week along with a synopsis of the book. Everyone is welcome to stop by and, if they'd like, post a link to their favorite weekly book cover.

* * * * *

For today's Cover Attraction post, I have posted two covers instead of one since the stories are interconnected. Both covers are lovely, but I have to say it is actually the second cover which has caught my attention in the first place.

Also, I am sad to say this will be my last CA post. Though I really enjoyed participating in this meme, and I always find joy in searching for more attractive covers, it bugs me to say I need some time to do that and at this moment I want to use those time for my reading and reviewing more books.

Nevertheless, I want to take this opportunity to thank Marcia, our lovely hostess for hosting this meme!

A Year on Ladybug Farm by Donna Ball
ISBN-13: 9780425225875
Publisher: Penguin Group (USA)
Published: March 2009

Synopsis (From B&N):

Their husbands were gone, their families were grown, and the future stretched out before them like an unfulfilled promise...

Tired of always dreaming and never doing, Cici, Lindsay, and Bridget make a life-altering decision. Uprooting themselves from their comfortable lives in the suburbs, the three friends buy a run-down mansion, nestled in the picturesque Shenandoah Valley. They christen their new home "Ladybug Farm," hoping that the name will bring them luck.

As the friends take on a home improvement challenge of epic proportions, they encounter disaster after disaster, from renegade sheep and garden thieves to a seemingly ghostly inhabitant. Over the course of a year, overwhelming obstacles make the three women question their decision, but they ultimately learn that sometimes the best things can happen when everything goes wrong...


At Home on Ladybug Farm by Donna Ball
ISBN-13: 9780425229781
Publisher: Penguin Group (USA)
Published: October 2009

Synopsis (From B&N):

From the award-winning author of A Year on Ladybug Farm comes the continuing story of three women who learn what it takes to turn a house into a home.

A year after taking the chance of a lifetime, Cici, Lindsay, and Bridget are still trying to make a home for themselves on the newly-renovated Ladybug Farm. Life in the Shenandoah Valley is picturesque, but filled with unexpected trials- such as the introduction of two young people into the ordered life the women have tried to build for themselves.

As the walls of the old house reveal their secrets and the lives of those who have gone before begin to unfold, the cobbled-together household starts to disintegrate into chaos. And when one of their members is threatened by a real crisis, they must all come together to fight for the roots they've laid down, the hopes they share, and the family they've become.

10 Responses
  1. Alice Says:

    I like the first cover better, Melody. The story sounds interesting too. :D


  2. Melody Says:

    Alice - I love the green on the first cover, but the grapes on the second one makes me drool, LOL.


  3. Sandy Nawrot Says:

    I am all over the cover with the grapes! I can almost taste the wine! Sorry we will no longer see this meme, but I understand you need to move on!


  4. Darlene Says:

    I saw these on Amazon the other day. The books sound really good. I've been debating on whether I need them or not.

    I understand what you mean by finding the covers. It does take a lot of time. I may have to bow out for April as I really have to much reviewing to do and not the time to peruse the internet. lol.


  5. Veens Says:

    oh NO, Melody! You can you know post any cover you might like while randomly looking at books. I don't do it regularly as well.

    I love your selections though, and I will MISS your posts!!!!!!

    The 1st one is Lovely!!


  6. Melody Says:

    Sandy - I'm not a wine drinker, but I do love grapes! :D

    Darlene - I had a fun time participating this meme, so I'll definitely miss it.

    Veens - I'm afraid so, Veens, hehe. It's time consuming for me at the moment and I'd rather devote that time for my reading. Who knows when I'd participate again in the near future? :D


  7. I can see why you are drawn to these covers, Melody. I understand your wanting to make more time for reading. With a family and work, I know you must be extremely busy. Every extra minute helps!


  8. Melody Says:

    Wendy - Indeed it is! :)


  9. Julia Says:

    I love both book covers. Because both are close up and I love seeing it clearly, colorful and beautifully. The branches of the flowers, georgous! The grape, beautifully done :)


  10. Carey Says:

    Beautiful covers. I have read the first book "A Year at Ladybug Farm" and loved it. Did not realize there was a second book out - off to the library for me.

    thanks


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you.