Melody

Teaser Tuesdays

TEASER TUESDAYS asks you to:

  • Grab your current read.
  • Let the book fall open to a random page.
  • Share with us two (2) “teaser” sentences from that page.
  • You also need to share the title of the book that you’re getting your “teaser” from … that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you’ve given!
  • Please avoid spoilers!

It has been a while since I have done a buddy-read with Alice, thus I am glad to read this book together with her. Living Dead in Dallas is the second instalment of Sookie Stackhouse/Southern Vampire Series by Charlaine Harris, and I can't wait to see what adventures (or troubles) are awaiting Sookie in this book (I look forward to reading more of her immortal lover, Bill too!).

After our bags had been put in the bedroom (big enough for the coffin and a bed), the silence in the little living room became uncomfortable. There was a little refrigerator well stocked with PureBlood, but this evening Bill would want the real thing.



(Pg 77, Living Dead in Dallas by Charlaine Harris)



I am happy and honoured to receive the following two awards last week:

Happy 101 Award (Thanks, Alice!)

The rule of the award is to list 10 things that make me happy and passing it on to 10 other bloggers.

  1. My family
  2. My lovely friends
  3. Books (without a doubt!)
  4. Green tea (a must to start off my day)
  5. Subway Veggie Delite sandwich (with lots of honey mustard, yum!)
  6. Blogging (mine as well as reading all my bloggy friends' bookblogs)
  7. Music (it soothes my mind)
  8. Mails (be it letters or packages, they always make me happy)
  9. Shopping
  10. Traveling

One Lovely Blog Award (Thanks, Alice & Sherrie!)

I'm passing on these two awards to ALL my dear bloggy friends who never fail to visit and comment on my blog, as well as a few new-to-me blogs which I have added on to my Google Reader lately (do pay them a visit if you haven't done so already):
13 Responses
  1. Jenny Says:

    Aw, thank you! You're so nice! :)


  2. Thanks Melody! :) I love awards!


  3. I hope you enjoy Living Dead in Dallas, Melody. I really enjoy that series. :-)

    Congratulations on your award! And such a great list of things that make you happy! I think I can relate to quite a few on your list. :-)


  4. Julia Says:

    I hope you and Alice enjoy this book! And congrats on your awards! I like your Happy List :)


  5. Alice Says:

    Congratulations on the award, Melody, and I love your list! :D

    I'm enjoying the book and that is one great teaser! I haven't reach that part yet and is almost finish with Chapter 1 only. Thanks for doing the buddy read with me!


  6. Joanna Says:

    I have yet to start on the Sookie Stackhouse series but from this teaser of yours, it sure sounds great !

    Congrats on the award by the way :)


  7. Melody Says:

    Jenny & Sarah - You're most welcome! :)

    Wendy - I'm enjoying this book, and I can't wait to read the rest of the series, Wendy. :)

    Julia - Thanks! :)

    Alice - You know I always enjoy doing the buddy read with you and/or Julia. :)

    Joanna - Thanks! I hope you'll read this series soon! :)


  8. Ana S. Says:

    I love your happy things! Congrats on the awards :D


  9. Andreea Says:

    Congrats on your awards, you deserve them:)


  10. Violet Says:

    Congrats Melody!!!

    The pink award is sooo pretty :)


  11. Unknown Says:

    Congratulations and thank you. This is a nice way to start my day. ;-)


  12. Jennifer Says:

    Oh my! A coffin, a bed, and blood. Now that is a teaser. Mine is here: http://www.rundpinne.com/2010/03/teaser-tuesdays-waking-up-in-land-of.html


  13. Anonymous Says:

    Congratulations on your much derserved awards!


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you.