Melody

Teaser Tuesdays

TEASER TUESDAYS asks you to:

  • Grab your current read.
  • Let the book fall open to a random page.
  • Share with us two (2) “teaser” sentences from that page.
  • You also need to share the title of the book that you’re getting your “teaser” from … that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you’ve given!
  • Please avoid spoilers!

"I will hold him ransom. I give you fourteen years of maternal bliss and life to enjoy your love whelp in the Realm of Flesh. But when I tell you to return, you will bring the child back with you for a lovely family reunion. If you do not return, I will flay your lover every day and force him to eat his skin, for all eternity." He stretched his neck down, down, to press his tacky nose against the woman's horrified face. "Do you agree?"



(Pg 7, Half World by Hiromi Goto)



Darlyn of Darlyn & Books awarded me a You've Made A Difference Award and I cannot thank her enough!

Quoted from Darlyn's post: "This award is given to followers who have been with you since the beginning of your blog, who have continually stuck with you, and who are still there."

The rules of this award:
1) Link to the blogger you received this award from
2) And then pass this award onto ten other followers or bloggers that have been with you since the beginning.

I want to pass this award to ALL my readers for reading my blog (because you all inspire me to write better), and especially to the following friends who have been there for me since the beginning of my blog (in no particular order):

~ Julia @ Julia's Books Corner
~ Alice @ Hello, My Name Is Alice
~ Wendy @ Musings of a Bookish Kitty
~ Nymeth @ Things Mean A Lot
~ Iliana @ Bookgirl's Nightstand
~ Naida @ The Bookworm

Thank you! You all rock!

11 Responses
  1. Sandy Nawrot Says:

    Wow. Awesome teaser, awesome cover! And way to go on the award. Congrats to everyone who has been there for you since the beginning!


  2. It's no wonder you couldn't wait to start Half World, Melody! That teaser definitely drew me in.

    Thank you so much for the award, Melody! I still remember when you first asked me for my real name. :-) I am so glad to have gotten to know you through our blogs. I feel like my life is enriched by having you in it.


  3. Alice Says:

    Congratulations on the award, Melody! I'm so glad we're friends and seeing all the familiar names there make me very happy. All of you are the best!

    That's a nice teaser, too. :D


  4. I loved the teaser! And congrats for your award!

    Teaser Tuesdays: Snowbound by Blake Crouch


  5. Ana S. Says:

    Aw, thank you so much, my dear! And thank *you* for also being there for me for all these years. You're one of my most loyal blogging friends and commenters, and I can't tell you how much I appreciate that :)


  6. Jennifer Says:

    Wow that is most definitely a teaser. My not so gruesome teaser is here: http://www.rundpinne.com/2010/06/teaser-tuesdays-making-of-duchess.html


  7. Liz Says:

    Great teaser! Another fantasy novel you might like is "Bloodline: Alliance("Bloodline: Covenant" is by the same author, L.R. Saul). It's unlike a lot of other fantasy books out there, because it features not just a mystery, or the fantasy, but message, mystery, plot twists and hooks, all in one book. That's pretty rare for fantasy -- and you'll be turning the pages!


  8. The Bookworm Says:

    Thank you for the award Melody!
    And thank you for being a loyal reader of my blog also!

    That teaser is creeeepy...happy reading.
    http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com/


  9. Iliana Says:

    Aw, what a sweet award. Thank you for sharing it with us and looking forward to many more years of sharing reading notes with you :)


  10. Julia Says:

    Interesting teaser! Congrats on the award and thanks for passing it to me. And you know that we are just not only my blogger friend but we also a true long time friend as well. Thanks for being with me through up and down too. I hope our friendship last a lifetime. We've gone a long way with starting out our first blogger together, and I hope our blog will last longer :)


  11. Melody Says:

    Thanks, everyone, for your comments! I apologise for not replying on a one-to-one basis because I've so much catching up to do! I hope you all will understand! :)

    Can you tell I'm enjoying the book very much? I love the illustrations too!

    Finally, I want to say: Thank you so much for your friendship! Though we've not met one another in person, but I felt as if I've known you all for a long time! :D


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you.