Last year wasn't a good reading year to me. I read only 42 books (full books list here); which is 22 books lesser as compared to 2020. Aside from the pandemic and that life happens, I suppose procrastination also played a part of my slow reading progress. Now that the new year is here and it's always good to make some new goals and new resolutions, I've decided that I'll try to read as many books as I can but without too much pressure (although I need to work on the procrastination issue, hehe).
As I read many suspense thrillers than other genres, it isn't surprising to see that the titles of that genre take up most of the slots (perhaps I need to work on reading more of the other genres, too). Without further ado, here's my Top Ten Reads of 2021 (not in any order and the titles aren't necessarily published in 2021. They are linked to my reviews for easy reference).
- The Girl With the Louding Voice by Abi Daré
- Hairpin Bridge by Taylor Adams
- He Started It by Samantha Downing
- Thief of Souls by Brian Klingborg
- A Good Marriage by Kimberly McCreight
- Mexican Gothic by Silvia Moreno-Garcia
- Grave's End by William Shaw
- The Marlow Murder Club by Robert Thorogood
- The Burning Girls by C.J. Tudor
- Death in the Family by Tessa Wegert
- The Wife Upstairs by Rachel Hawkins
There you have it. What books are you looking forward to reading this year and do you have any new reading goals or resolutions?