Melody
Wow! It’s been a long while since I have done a meme; a meme which is non-books related but more on yourself and your life. I love reading other readers’ answers, and yeah I love playing along too. So, when the lovely Trish tagged me for this, I just knew I wouldn’t say no. Here goes…

Rules:
1 You must post the rules.
2 Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post and then create eleven new questions to ask the people you’ve tagged.
3 Tag eleven people and link to them on your post.
4 Let them know you’ve tagged them!

Trish’s questions:
1. What app do you love above all others? Not an app person? What about website?
I love the greatness and the fun of apps, but seriously I don’t seek them and I will download those which are useful to me. I do download some games sometimes, but not many though.

2. Describe your dream profession (sky is the limit).
I don’t know about you, but I suppose dream profession changes as we get older, or am I the only one who think of that? When I was a child, I dreamt of becoming a scientist. When I reached adolescent, I dreamt of becoming an architect because I think people who created those beautiful skyscrapers are such a genius! When I stepped out to the society to work, I wanted to become a graphic designer (well I was an Arts student during my high school time). Due to that interest, I pursued a part-time course while working in my second job but didn’t venture further. At that time, I was thinking that interest and career don’t mix, but perhaps I was wrong. Right now, if you ask me about my dream job, I will just say, be my own boss. Ha!

3. Appetizers or dessert?
Definitely dessert!

4. If you could be BFF with any fictional character, who would you choose?
Wow, so many to choose from and yet my mind is blank at the moment.

5. I say BLUE. What immediately comes to mind?
Beach. I just want to take a vacation, right now!

6. Favorite song to blast and sing in your car with the windows down?
Probably some songs from Debbie Gibson or Bananarama. I’m a fan of the 80s.

7. What fashion fad makes you hang your head in shame?
I don’t know, maybe jeans in loud colours, like bright orange or lime green?

8. What are your thoughts on 80s Hair Bands--specifically Monster Ballads?
Not a huge fan, but I don’t hate them either.

9. What is a book you wanted to throw across the room? What is one you wanted to hug?
Perhaps the book which I’m reading right now – Asylum by Patrick McGrath. Don’t get me wrong, the writing style and the plot is great! In fact, I’m enjoying reading it. It’s just that I couldn’t understand why a normal, psychiatrist’s wife would want to get involved with a mentally disturbed patient. Bored? Love struck? I don’t know. I suppose I’d find out why the more I read it.

As for the one I wanted to hug, I’ve to say it’s A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness. It is such a tender yet a powerfully, thought-provoking story I’d read in a while. That said, I also want to hug Connor O’Malley, the boy who is faced with his own personal demons and came out strong in that story.

10. Imagine you are an aerobics instructor--what song must be on your playlist?
Relight My Fire by Take That.

11. What's for dinner tonight?
No idea. It’s always grocery shopping on a Friday night so we usually eat out. I guess it’d have to depend on the malls we decide to go and what eating outlets they have over there. I’ve got a feeling that I may have a Veggie Delite sandwich and cream of mushroom from Subway this evening, hehe.

Bonus: What's your favorite go-to lipstick (including color)
Revlon lipstick. Mauve colour.

And here are my questions:
1. Who’s your idol? It can be anyone and don’t have to be a celebrity or a public figure.
2. If you can be someone famous, who do you like to be?
3. What are your favourite TV shows or movies?
4. Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings? Why?
5. Popcorns. Sweet or salty? Why?
6. Facebook or Twitter? Why?
7. What are your pet peeves?
8. Where do you like to go on a vacation?
9. Your most wonderful memories you had last year.
10. What’s your favourite holiday?
11. Finally, I couldn’t resist asking a bookish question: Would you read a book which has received lots of hype and positive reviews, even though the storyline isn’t what you like to read?

I’m tagging:
8. Ti
10. Carrie
11. Ryan
9 Responses
  1. Carrie K. Says:

    I answered, Melody - thanks for tagging me! Here's the link:

    http://booksandmovies.colvilleblogger.com/2012/02/23/11-question-meme/


  2. Fun answers, and great new questions! I love reading these things (but not doing them myself - LOL)


  3. The Bookworm Says:

    Fun answers Mel and lol about the jeans in loud colors. Those are coming back in style. My daughter has lime green and red skinny jeans.
    I'll try to post my answers tonight with my TGIF post.



  4. Staci Says:

    I liked reading and learning more about you...thanks for the tag!


  5. Violey Says:

    Love your answers. You answer on dream profession is ironic because right now I'm doing a Graphic Degign diploma and am planning to change my career from a Software Engineer to a Graphic Designer (hopefully :) )

    'be my own boss' sounds prefect too.

    Thanks for tagging me, should be fun.


  6. Melody Says:

    Thanks everyone! I had fun playing this meme! It's always nice to learn more things about other bookbloggers. :)

    Hope you all have a great week ahead!!


  7. Thanks for playing along Melody! :) I LOVE to sing to 80s music as well. And yes, being own boss would be fantastic.

    A few of your questions.
    3. Favorite movie = Princess Bride or When Harry Met Sally. TV show = 30 Rock.

    4. Harry Potter only because I've read them all.

    5. Popcorn - Salty. And Buttery. Mmmmm!! I do like sweet but it sticks to my teeth.

    6. Twitter - more anonymous I guess.

    7. Rubberneckers on the highway. Or people who do not return the shopping cart but leave it in the parking spot.

    8. Vacation anywhere that we can be active and sightsee a lot.

    9. Birth of baby Elle

    11. I have read books that have received a lot of hype even though I wasn't really interested. Can't think of anything specific, though.

    Also--really want to read A Monster Calls!

    Hmm--can't figure out how to subscribe to comments with the new changes! :(


  8. Thanks for tagging me, Melody! I am in the process of answering your questions--just give me a couple more weeks. :-)

    I am with your when it comes to apps. I tend to download the ones that are useful to me but I don't go seeking them out.

    Dessert is always the best. ;-) Dessert on a beach!

    I haven't read A Monster Calls yet, but I've heard great things about it. You make me want to read it even more.


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you.