Melody
Gallery Books | May 2019 | 432 pgs
Source: Library 


Olive and Ami are identical twin sisters but aside from their looks, everything about them is very different from each other. Olive is more reserved and her luck in life equals to zero, whatwith her losing of her job recently and anything else. Ami is the opposite though; she's positive and is always lucky when it comes to winning things. Why, she didn't even have much to worry about her wedding since she'd most of them covered by winning a series of Internet contests, and that includes her honeymoon to Maui. Olive is envious but is happy for Ami and Dane, but she's definitely not pleased to pair up with Dane's older brother, Ethan, who is the best man. Olive knows him briefly on a few occasions but both didn't really leave a good impression on each other. She figured she'd get through the wedding day and get on with her pitiful life once everything is over but it seems like fate has other plans for her. 

What happens to be a wonderful wedding event turns out a nightmare as the buffet has made everyone ill, excluding Olive and Ethan since they've their own food preferences. With Ami and Dane down from food poisoning, it seems their all-expenses-paid honeymoon will go to waste unless they find someone to go in their place. With the new couple's coaxing and encouragement, Olive and Ethan set for their trip to Maui though how they're going to fake as newlyweds, they've no idea except avoiding each other at all costs if possible. But when both of them meet the people they know in the hotel where they're staying, they've no choice but to act lovey-dovey. As the days go by, Olive finds another side of Ethan which leads her into thinking that perhaps being with him isn't that bad after all. 

You know, I could imagine The Unhoneymooners being played on the big screen because it's funny, dramatic and not to mention the chemistry between Olive and Ethan are palpable and I enjoyed their banters. While some scenes may seemed cheesy and unbelievable, I found them entertaining and most of all, they made me laugh and root for them. A great romcom to indulge in if you're looking for something light and an escapism. 


© 2020 Melody's Reading Corner (https://mel-reading-corner.blogspot.sg/), All Rights Reserved. If you are reading this post from other site(s), please take note that this post has been stolen and is used without permission.
10 Responses
  1. Kay Says:

    I agree completely with your review, Melody. Yes, I also agree that some scenes were cheesy, but I think that's what would make this a good rom-com movie, right? It just made me laugh out loud several times - not a bad thing at all.


  2. jenclair Says:

    :) This sounds like fun!


  3. Lark Says:

    I do love a funny romantic comedy. :)


  4. Melody Says:

    Kay - I'd most likely watch this if it's a movie. I love a good, funny romcom. :)


  5. Melody Says:

    Jenclair - It was fun and this one was good as I was looking for something different to read. :)


  6. Melody Says:

    Lark - I think you might enjoy this, Lark. :)


  7. Iliana Says:

    This sounds like a fun rom-com! So glad to hear you liked it and it may be the perfect valentine's day read!


  8. Melody Says:

    Iliana - It was a fun read. And I agree it's a good fit for Valentine's. :)


  9. I bet I would love this one. It sounds like so much fun. I am glad you enjoyed it, Melody!


  10. Melody Says:

    Wendy - It was a fun read. I hope you'll enjoy reading this book when you get to it, Wendy.


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you.