Melody
I'd like to thank a few overseas friends who had emailed or messaged me and asked me how I'm doing and coping with the number of coronavirus cases escalating daily and the recent implementation of "circuit breaker" measures here. Well, I've to say it is hard not to feel anxious and worried but I'm trying to keep a positive mind and I'm hoping that we'll all win this battle soon. Whether if it's anxiety or a reading slump, I find myself reading lesser nowadays since there's always cooking to do (I'm sure many of you are able to relate but I've to say my cooking skills have definitely improved a lot!) and some (good) distractions at home since the schools and tuition centres have closed and all lessons have now been moved online. There are pros and cons, that's for sure, but if all these measures will help to flatten the curve, then let's all do our part and stay home. 

So aside from reading a bit, I'm also slowly catching up on K-dramas which I haven't been doing for a while. I'd finished watching Crash Landing on You (which I loved) and am currently watching another drama hit, Itaewon Class, which is based on a webtoon of the same name and I'm enjoying watching this, too. I'm not sure if I'd share my thoughts on these two dramas later (we shall see) but I do have a book review coming up soon. 

Meanwhile, I hope you stay well and safe! Here's some cartoons to make you laugh in this stressed situation. 




Labels: , edit post
10 Responses
  1. Lark Says:

    Those cartoons are great! They totally made me laugh. Thanks. :D Glad you're doing okay, even though it can get pretty stressful. Here's hoping things get better soon. Stay safe!


  2. jenclair Says:

    These days and weeks have been quite something to deal with, haven't they. I guess we are at a month in our household, and some days have been better than others. The days when I couldn't settle to read were the worst, but I've gotten better at it lately. Hope you and your family continue to manage, Melody. I love that last cartoon of The Scream!


  3. Kay Says:

    Melody, I'm glad to hear an update from you. I definitely understand about the reading issues. I'm doing better in that regard, but I think each of us is going to have to find what works for us - reading, rereading, watching TV, binge-watching TV or movies - whatever. The cartoons are great and thanks for making us laugh. Take care. Hope you and your family continue to stay safe. We'll get through all this and think of all the lovely new books we'll have to read then.


  4. Melody Says:

    Lark - We all need a little laugh especially this stressful time, isn't it? Hope you stay well and safe, Lark!


  5. Melody Says:

    Jenclair - Nowadays everyday seems like a weekend and of course the children like it that they don't have to get up early for school. Hope you stay well and safe, Jenclair!


  6. Melody Says:

    Kay - I'm sure I'll get my reading mojo back soon after that anxiety mood wear off. Plus, I need to clear off my library books too even though we're allowed more time to read them with the libraries closed. You never know when they'll open, right? Hope you stay well and safe, Kay!


  7. I am glad you are well, Melody, despite everything. It really is anxious times, isn't it? I haven't been reading much lately either. I worry every time I walk out that door to go to the store or work. I worry whenever my husband goes to the store. I worry about my daughter's education. I worry about how she is doing through all of this. She's mostly been good, but I think it's getting to her finally--the isolation I mean. My husband and I try our best but she's such a social butterfly and online play dates just aren't the same. At least we know there will be an end to this even if we aren't sure when. Take care of yourself. Stay safe.


  8. Melody Says:

    Wendy - It's a difficult time; and all we can do now is to hold on and tell ourselves that there's light at the end of the tunnel hopefully soon. Hope you and your family stay well and safe, Wendy.


  9. the bookworm Says:

    Stay well Melody! I know it's hard right now but I'm trying to stay calm and positive also. There's bound to be good days and bad days.
    I like the Superman cartoon lol


  10. Melody Says:

    Naida - Right now we all wish the numbers will decrease and hopefully there'll be a vaccine soon! Stay well and safe too, Naida!


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you.