Melody

Rock Point | 27 October 2020 | 144 pgs
Source: NetGalley 

Boba, also known as bubble tea, is originated in Taiwan and has taken the world by storm with a variety combination of teas and different kinds of flavourful syrup. Of course, these drinks won't be the same without the tapioca balls and in this book, the two authors give readers more than a glimpse what lies behind the secrets of making boba tea. 

Tea brewing itself is an art; so to learn how to make boba tea, it is important to know the various kinds of tea leaves (i.e. green tea, black tea, Oolong) and the right temperature to brew them (the longer you brew, the more bitter taste it is). I'm a big tea drinker myself and my favourites are green tea and Oolong so it is no surprise that my boba tea choices are: honey green tea, Golden Oolong tea and Oolong milk tea. Of course, I do try out the others at times for fun or depending on moods but those will always remain as my go-to drinks. 

Back to the topic, this book also covers the essential equipment needed of making boba teas as well as how to make various flavoured syrups, sweeteners, toppings and not to mention homemade tapioca balls, etc. If you're a lover of fruit teas, this book has some recipes too, such as strawberry, mango, watermelon, kiwi, pineapple, pomelo, and cucumber teas). 

In a nutshell, this book is a must-have for boba tea lovers and with their easy-to-follow recipes, you can create your own drinks anytime and however you like. I need to get a copy of this since my ARC didn't show the photos (probably due to my e-reader app) but most of all, I want it so I can refer to it anytime.

© 2020 Melody's Reading Corner (https://mel-reading-corner.blogspot.sg/), All Rights Reserved. If you are reading this post from other site(s), please take note that this post has been stolen and is used without permission.
6 Responses
  1. Lark Says:

    Sad to say I've never even heard of Boba tea, but then I don't drink a lot of tea. The fruity ones sound really good though. :)


  2. Melody Says:

    Lark - The fruity teas are good for those who prefer there are some sweet flavour than the classic ones. I'm good with both since I love drinking tea. : D


  3. Jeane Says:

    Oooh, my teen and I are fond of boba tea! I really like the taro one. We've done instant tapioa pearls at home- but making from scratch would be even better I bet!


  4. Melody Says:

    Jeane - I've not done instant tapioca balls before and I think it's fun to make them from scratch. ;)


  5. Iliana Says:

    That is such a pretty picture and makes me want a boba tea. I've tried a couple before and really enjoyed the flavors.


  6. Melody Says:

    Iliana - I'm always craving for boba teas. That's one reason why I find this book so appealing! :)


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you.