Melody
Sherry Seymour is an English teacher at a community college. She is happily married with a teenaged son Chad; her relationship with her husband Jon is stable but boring. Then she receives an anonymous valentine note in her school mailbox, and from that day onwards it changes her life. At first, she is both amused and flattered by it, but is quickly replaced by curiousity as she continues to receive the notes.

She tells Jon about the notes whom he thinks it's rather sexy and that this little drama could spice up their sex life - with him fantazing being the other 'lover'. Later she runs into Garret, who is Chad's childhood friend, and while catching up on old times, he tells her about his mechanics instructor, Bram who mentions her name a few times during class and thinks he might be the secret admirer. Assuming he is the one who left her the love notes, she begins to take notice of him and soon they started an affair.

Thereafter, it simply gets out of hand when she realizes Bram didn't leave any note to her at all. And to make things worse, Bram appears to be obsessive and wouldn't want her to find the person who left her the notes. Sherry's world begins to tilt when she learns a secret which she isn't supposed to know; and also she begins to feel a sense of loss when Chad seems to pull away from her.

I really enjoyed this novel, and was hooked from the beginning till the end. The book blurb said it is an erotic thriller, but I didn't see anything 'erotic' in this story. Unlike others, you won't see much steamy scenes here and even if there are a few, the author concentrates on the emotions of the characters rather than the act of doing it. There is also something 'poetry' about Laura Kasischke's writing style which I find it refreshing. I am satisfied with the story which it ends with a twist that surprises me.
7 Responses
  1. Julia Says:

    WOW great review, I will see if I can find this book at store. Although I wish for a steamy scenes bwahaha!


  2. Melody Says:

    Hey Julia, I'm hoping you will find this book. It's a great read IMO. ;)


  3. Kathy Says:

    Hey, Mel! Wow! What a review! This books sounds REALLY interesting...I think you got me hooked...I'm gonna call the public library tomorrow to see if they have a copy. I love books w/ twist endings; it's nice to be surprised.
    My favorite Grisham book is The Partner, because of the twisted ending! I laughed after I finished reading that one!
    Have a great weekend; thank you again for your very kind comments.
    :)


  4. Melody Says:

    Hi Kathy, I'm glad to hear my review got you hooked to the book! LOL. I really enjoyed reading this book...it's something different from what I read from the other books. Let me know what you think after you have read it. ;)

    I haven't read Grisham's The Partnet yet, but I enjoyed The Firm. That book is great! I've The Client in my TBR pile. Have a great day!


  5. Alice Says:

    Be Mine is now on the selected monthly 25% discount at Times. I think I'm going to go shopping. LOL.

    Mel, really. You have to stop introducing books. I'm going broke!! LOL. (Please don't mind me...)


  6. Melody Says:

    Alice, be sure your shipping basket is loaded with books! HAHA.

    Happy weekend! :D


  7. Melody Says:

    Oops, I mean 'shopping' basket. LOL.


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you.