Melody


ISBN: 0373772335
Pub. Date: April 2007
Publisher: Harlequin
Series: Masters of Time Series, #1


Claire Camden is a strong and smart woman, and her life revolves around her beloved bookstore consisted of old books. Then one night, a woman by the name of Sibylla breaks into her store, and seeing Claire is around she demands for a page. She is later rescued by a strange man dressed like he belongs during the Middle Ages, and mistook him as an actor sent by her friend because she loves Scottish history and hopes to visit the place one day. But the man claimed he is Malcolm of Dunroch, and a member of the Masters of Time who is there to protect the Innocents and save them all from the evil Moray. Moray is known to kill his female victims through sucking the life out of them through sex pleasure. Malcolm knows Sibylla is sent by Moray himself to get the page, whom they believe they could gain healing power if anyone acquires it.

To ensure she is safe from Moray and Sibylla, Malcolm decides to send her back to his time. There, Claire finds out that the Masters of Time was formed by some great knights whose aim is to battle the demons. Slowly Claire begins to fall for Malcolm, and later both of them realize they must work together to bring down the evil.

Frankly speaking, I was drawn into the story initially because I find the plot is different from the others (paranormal meets time travel), and I love reading books with Highlanders warriors. But the reason I rated 3.5 stars is because there are some parts I find hard to follow, and although I understand the way Malcolm speaks, reading too much of his dialogues "didna ken", "Ye" or "Ye be", I felt them a little overwhelming. Although I still enjoyed reading this book (saved by the sexy Malcolm), I would still prefer to read Brenda Joyce's historicals.

Note: Julia and Alice, it was a pleasure reading with you two. Looking forward to more of our reading-together in future.
8 Responses
  1. Alice Says:

    Me too, Mel! Me too... I'm definitely looking forward to our future read-togethers.

    Great review, Mel! All the Masters are so sexy, aren't they? Royce, Aidan, James... even Ironheart (nice name!) is OK. :)

    I find the Scottish dialogues fascinating even though at times quite overwhelming. I don't mind 'em, actually. Took me a few pages to get accustomed to them because this is the first time I'm reading stuff like this, but I do understand what Calum (Malcolm) is talking about. :)

    Maybe I should give Brenda Joyce's historicals a shot too. ;)


  2. Rowena Says:

    I've never read a Brenda Joyce book before, but then again I haven't read a great deal of new to me authors, I'm such a chicken!

    But great review, I enjoyed reading it and am jotting the title down in my TBR notebook...thanks for the heads up! =)


  3. Julia Says:

    First, let me say it been joyest to read together along with you Melody..and I'm always looking forward to another read *grin*. It also a very welcome to have Alice join in the fun with us :)

    I agree with most what you said and hope it get better :)


  4. Melody Says:

    Yeah, you should try her historicals, Alice. :)

    Rowena, I'd prefer Brenda's historicals more than her paranormal. I'm hoping you will read her books one day.

    Julia, it's always a pleasure to read the books with you, and now that Alice has joined us, more the fun.


  5. Alice Says:

    Guess what? I'm heading to the bookshop again this evening. Muahahahaha...


  6. Melody Says:

    That's great! And that will mean more books to read, hehe. What'll you be buying?


  7. Chantal Says:

    I love Brenda Joyce. She is an auto buy for me, but I was VERY bummed with this one.


  8. Melody Says:

    Hi Chantal, thanks for stopping by my blog! I agree with you on this book...I was quite disappointed.


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you.