Melody

Although I am sad to see Book Blogger Appreciation Week (BBAW) has come to an end today, I am happy to see that this wonderful book blogging community has grown tremendously over the years (just look at the participations and the number of new-to-me book blogs I have explored for the past few days) and the most rewarding part of all is friendship is formed and I have found a few good friends who I can talk with aside from all the book talks. This book blogging community is wonderful and supportive that way, and no doubt the world of blogging is constantly changing, what will not change is our passion for books and reading, and to share what we have read with other readers so that more people will be aware of the books and read them.

I wish I have some new tips that I can share with you about blogging but after giving it some thoughts I think it all come back to the basic:

* The purpose of starting a blog and finding your audience (don't feel discouraged when you first started your blog and it seems no one is commenting. Readership takes time to build);

* Be part of the community (don't be shy and go visit and comment on other blogs); and finally. . .

* Be yourself.

And last but not least, have fun in the process of blogging. After all, we are not paid to do this and this shouldn't be an added stress to our life (though I have to confess I do feel guilty if my reading and/or reviews are slow and for this I want to thank you all for your patience and understanding).
Labels: edit post
10 Responses
  1. Sandy Nawrot Says:

    Words to live by Melody! I couldn't have said it any better myself.


  2. Erin Says:

    Great advice. All the fancy tools in the world can't compensate for what you've listed here!


  3. As our blogs are reflect our personality, we all look out for different blogging tools. One should go for that wchich suits her/his blog. One should always keep the reasder in mind. Afterall, we all want readers on our blog. And comments!

    Here is my post:

    BBAW 2011: Readers


  4. Have fun. Definitely one to remember, because it doesn't take much for it to become a chore.


  5. Marce Says:

    You have to have fun or feeling overwhelmed comes quickly, great advice.


  6. Great advice Melody. I'm certainly victim of this but I find it sad how many of us find blogging stressful at times. It should be fun!


  7. Be yourself and remember why you do this.


  8. Kailana Says:

    I enjoy visiting blogs. I can't keep it up always, but I do try!


  9. The Bookworm Says:

    Great advice Melody!


  10. joanna Says:

    I'm so jealous, I haven't had the time to participate in this wonderful event yet. I've enjoyed reading all the posts afterwards though! :-)


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you.