Melody
Well my reading progress may be slow lately, but nothing could stop me from participating in R. I. P. VI Challenge - one of the most popular and most anticipated reading challenge around the blogosphere, hosted by the talented Carl.

This is my third year participating and I am very glad to say that this reading challenge not only allows me to expand my reading horizons but also gives me the opportunity to get to know fellow bookbloggers who are new to me, as well as to see what everyone is reading and to hear their opinions.

As much as I want to read as many books as I can for the challenge, I decided to go with Peril the Third (i.e. to read one book and you may choose from any of these themes: Mystery, Suspense, Thriller, Dark Fantasy, Gothic, Horror or Supernatural. ). I finally decided on reading A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness after picking out a few books and putting them back onto the shelves. It is so hard to choose just one isn't it. So, I have read lots of glowing reviews on this book so I thought this is it!

R.I.P. VI officially runs from September 1st through October 31st but Carl said we can break the rules and start reading our books now!

Are you participating? If not, what are you waiting for? And for those who are participating, I'd love to hear from you the books you are reading for this challenge.

11 Responses
  1. Amanda Says:

    I suppose if you decide to read more than one, that's perfectly okay right? Happy RIP!


  2. Anonymous Says:

    This is my third year participating in RIP too. Hands down my favorite reading challenge!



  3. Kailana Says:

    A Monster Calls is really good. I hope you enjoy!


  4. Based on everything I've read your book choice is a good one! I haven't read it but I loved his Carnegie speech.

    Thanks for joining in again with the challenge this year. I always have high hopes about how much reading I'll get done and it never quite works out. But I still have a great time.


  5. DesLily Says:

    from all i hear about that book you'd better have a box of tissues ready! lol..


  6. The Bookworm Says:

    *yay* for this challenge. Happy reading :)


  7. Stephanie Says:

    I've heard great things about A Monster Calls but somehow forgot to add it to my RIP list! Maybe I should try and squeeze it in!


  8. Violet Says:

    I've never read anything by Patrick Ness so I'll be looking forward to your review.


  9. I'm so tempted!! Enjoy A Monster Calls. I've been hearing good things about it.


  10. Anonymous Says:

    I signed uo this year for the first time. I hope to read two books but have no idea what they'll be yet!


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you.