Melody
Why does the time always passes so fast when one is having a good time? Hello, June! Wow, it's almost half the year already and it seems like the New Year just passed by us yesterday. Back to the topic... Yes, I'd had an enjoyable time during my blogging break and for the inquiring minds, we went to Kuala Lumpur last week. To be exact, we spent most of the days shopping, eating and of course not to leave out a day to a trip to Sunway Lagoon in Subang Jaya (one of their well-known attractions). It is a water park/theme park suitable for all ages and it was our fourth trip there already. Since we'd forgotten to bring a waterproof phone pouch for the water activities, I'm afraid we didn't take any pictures but I did find a few pics which were taken during our previous trip for your viewing pleasure. 

We also had a few great vegetarian cuisines and we couldn't help watching Rampage and Solo Star Wars at the local cinemas, too. Rampage was a little touching towards the end and both movies are OK, though, if you ask me. 

Relaxing by the pool. (No, I didn't read much. How could I when the pool was right there in front of you?)

The Children's fun place

Zip Line (or Flying Fox). No, I didn't try it. 

Malay festive decorations at a mall.


Mock chicken teriyaki bento set. 


Can you believe these sashimi are vegetarian? They taste not bad, too. We had some other vegetarian dishes alongside the trip but didn't post all. This Japanese vegetarian cuisine was a highlight to me, though. 

The Sunrise view from the Airbnb where we were staying (19th floor).

Night view.

Well that's it and I suppose it's now back to normalcy. With my girls at home for the school holidays, I'm afraid my reading progress will be slower than usual (that applies to blog hopping and commenting so I'd appreciate it if you could bear with me.) So what did I miss and what books are you reading while I was away? I'm curious to know. ;-)


© 2018 Melody's Reading Corner (https://mel-reading-corner.blogspot.sg/), All Rights Reserved. If you are reading this post from other site(s), please take note that this post has been stolen and is used without permission.
Labels: , edit post
8 Responses
  1. Kay Says:

    Melody, so glad you had a nice trip with your family! And thanks for sharing the pictures with us. I wouldn't worry about getting around to everyone and commenting. We all understand and will look forward to whatever you have time to share with us. Enjoy your girls being home. :-)


  2. Jenny Says:

    Looks wonderful! I’m glad you had fun!


  3. jenclair Says:

    The year does seem to passing quickly, doesn't it? I'm having trouble realizing that we are half way through 2018. I know your vacation was much needed and enjoyed, especially by the girls who must be so happy to put school behind them for a while! Of course, they will be keeping you busy during this summer break, so just enjoy them. :)


  4. Lark Says:

    It sounds like you had a good time on your break! I'm so glad. Thanks for sharing all those awesome pics. Hope the rest of your summer is just as fun. (Even if you don't get around to reading too many books.) :D


  5. Iliana Says:

    Melody I bet your trip was fabulous! I'd love to visit there one day. Enjoy the summer with your girls and we'll be here when you get a chance to update us!


  6. What a wonderful time you had! I am so glad, Melody. You deserved a nice break. I love the photos you shared. I enjoyed Solo, but agree it wasn't anything special. Thank you for sharing about your holidays, Melody!


  7. The Bookworm Says:

    Such beautiful photos! It sounds like a great family trip! The Japanese vegetarian cuisine looks wonderful.
    I'm slow on blog land all year round but especially during the summer. Enjoy your weekend!


  8. Melody Says:

    Thanks, everyone! :) We'd had a great time and too bad time is always running so fast. I hope you all have a wonderful June. It's been hot here!


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you.