Melody

Hanover Square Press | 20 February 2018 | 416 pgs
Source: Library 

If there's such a medical/scientific technology that allows you to find your perfect partner through matched DNA, would you do it? This book revolves around that topic and how far one would go to find their perfect partner. 

Although Match Your DNA, a company which has matched many couples is gaining recognition with their program, they also face a backlash from some that the test results have led to the upending of the traditional ideas of love and romancing, not to mention the breakup of countless relationships and marriages. Despite this, the idea of finding your genetically matched partner outrun the downsides. 

Jade, Mandy, Nick, Christopher and Ellie are some of the few millions who signed up and have their test results matched with their designated partner. While these five characters are different on many levels, they've one thing in common - secrets. Despite they're a perfect match, will they find their happily-ever-after despite who they really are? 

This book was a wild ride. Fast-paced, unputdownable and filled with entertainment and intrigue, I couldn't flip the pages fast enough. This is one book which I'd called a perfect read in a psychological thriller - it has a cast of intriguing characters, multilayered plots, twists and turns and then of course, there's that refreshing and original premise. And this is so much I can tell you because to say more will spoil the fun for you. Last but not least, I want to thank Lark for putting this book on our buddy read list. Both of us had so much fun discussing this book throughout our reading journey. Visit Lark's blog here for her review. 
  
Here are some questions from Lark to me:

What do you think about the whole idea of soulmates? And if you had the chance to find your 'perfect Match' through a simple DNA test, would you do it? Why or why not? 

Soulmate is defined as a person with whom one has a strong affinity, shared values and tastes and while I think they can enhance a couple's relationship with many shared similarities, I feel that communication, understanding and mutual respect remain the core of a strong and loving relationship. As for if I'd find my perfect match through a DNA test, I think I've no intention of finding that out. After all, it's not like a genetically matched relationship would guarantee a perfect relationship. Humans aren't perfect; and also I've seen couples who are opposite each other are staying happily together, too. 
© 2023 Melody's Reading Corner (https://mel-reading-corner.blogspot.sg/), All Rights Reserved. If you are reading this post from other site(s), please take note that this post has been stolen and is used without permission.
6 Responses
  1. Greg Says:

    Saw this over at Lark's. I love the idea of how this kind of technology would change society! Fascinating question too! Would people do it? I'm not sure if I would lol but I can see a lot of people going for it. Such questions... :)


  2. Lark Says:

    Great review, Melody! This one was a very compelling read. I'm glad we chose it. I wonder how Marrs' other books compare. Thanks for another fun buddy read.


  3. Melody Says:

    Greg - The premise was great. And I can't imagine what'll happen to the world if this becomes a reality. That's a thought-provoking topic, isn't it? ;)


  4. Melody Says:

    Lark - I'm so glad we read this together, Lark! One of my best buddy read experiences. :D I'm also quite curious about his other book, The Passengers, after reading the blurb. I may want to read it at some point.


  5. Iliana Says:

    I'm really intrigued by the whole idea of finding your ancestry via DNA testing but a soulmate match? That just sounds so crazy. Granted back in the day when I was single and couldn't find the right guy, I wish this would have been a thing! haha... Great review Melody!


  6. Melody Says:

    Iliana - The premise was a good one. I couldn't imagine if this happen in real life but I can see how appealing this might be aside from the conventional online matchmaking.


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you.