Melody
I want to thank Trish for presenting me with this Bookworm Award/meme!

Rules:
Open the closest book to you, not your favorite or most intellectual book, but the book closest to you at the moment, to page 56. Write out the fifth sentence, as well as two to five sentences following.

From: Christmas Jars by Jason F. Wright

"A year before meeting Lauren and three full years before marrying her, Adam had opened a furniture restoration business. He called it Restored, Inc., and so far it provided a steady, though modest, income. Lauren managed the books and marketing; Adam did the restoring. He converted their single-car garage into a functional studio. It was filled with saws, sanders, hand tools, wood stains, brushes and brooms, and on some days the unmistakable smell of freshly cut, untreated wood."

And finally, tag five people to pass on the award: Alice, Julia, Wendy, Iliana and Nymeth!
And please feel free to play the meme if you like. :-)
Labels: edit post
12 Responses
  1. Amy Says:

    I love the Christmas Jars! :)


  2. Julia Says:

    Thanks for the tag Melody! Will do this bookwarm award/Neme soon. Give me time to do it :)

    I wish you a good day and enjoyable reading to CHRISTMAS JARS


  3. Ana S. Says:

    Thanks for thinking of me, Melody :)

    I'm saving my holiday reading for December, but I'm very much looking forward to it!


  4. Melody Says:

    Amy - I love it too! It's such a heart-warming story. :)

    Julia - I'm looking forward to reading your answer for the meme soon. :)

    Nymeth - Always my pleasure! :) I'm interested to know what you'd read for Dec!


  5. Alice Says:

    Thanks for the really sweet award/meme, Melody! I'll work on it when I get home today. :)


  6. Melody Says:

    Always my pleasure, Alice. :) Can't wait to read your answer for the meme.


  7. You're making that Christmas Jar book sound better and better! Thanks for playing along. :)


  8. The Bookworm Says:

    great award, and great lines from the book too. I havent read that one.
    http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com/


  9. Iliana Says:

    Thanks for the tag Melody. Now I just have to dig out the books from under a mess of papers :) Just kidding.

    I have to say that Christmas Jars book has a pretty cover.


  10. Melody Says:

    Trish - Oh, I enjoyed Christmas Jars, it's touching and heartwarming! :)

    Naida - I hope you'll read it if you've the chance. :)

    Iliana - LOL. I can't wait to see what you're reading. I love the cover of Christmas Jars too! :D


  11. Thank you for tagging me, Melody!


  12. Melody Says:

    Thanks for playing, Wendy!


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you.