Melody
Naida from The Bookworm is hosting the Romance Reading Challenge. I am a huge fan of the romance genre so I could not help participating in this one!

Here are the rules:

1. Now, "Romance" isn't limited to steamy Harlequin novels. There is a huge selection of books in this category such as contemporary romance, historical romance, romantic suspense and paranormal romance to name a few. As long as the story has romantic love between the two main characters your selection will fit this challenge. The novels do not need to have a happy ending either, there can also be unrequited love.

2. Choose at least 5 novels read them between Jan 1st though Dec 31st 2009. You can change your choices at any time. Crossovers between other challenges are fine.

3. Read them at your own pace in 2009 then come here and post the link to your review(s).

4. Link your "RRC" choices here with any of the graphics she provides here.


I gave up making a list after going through my pile a while ago as I still could not decide on the books to read for this challenge. Also, I blame it on my reading mood thus I will list the books as I go along.
10 Responses
  1. Anonymous Says:

    I love this challenge. I am a huge fan of the romance genre and I think I might join this challenge too.


  2. Alice Says:

    HI Melody, I will also be participating but have yet to put up a post for it. :)


  3. Julia Says:

    Good luck to you and Alice on deciding what books to add in the list. Can't wait to see your list!


  4. Melody Says:

    Violet, Alice - That's great! I can't wait to see your list! :)

    Julia - I hope you'll join this challenge since you read a lot of this genre. ;P


  5. The Bookworm Says:

    glad you are joining mel, looking forward to you reviews as you go along :)
    http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com/


  6. Iliana Says:

    You know, I always say I don't read romance but come to think of it I do like a romance element to some stories - especially mysteries! And, I've got a couple of Heyer books which definitely classify as romance. Hmm, maybe I need to think of this one a bit more and join in :)

    Have fun with it Melody!


  7. Julia Says:

    Melody - I know I know, I do read lot of this genres. But it depend on if I have the times to read the books I list. We shall see, and I will let you know if I decided to do it :)


  8. Melody Says:

    Naida - I can't wait! Thanks for hosting this great challenge! :)

    Iliana - I hope you'll join! ;)

    Julia - Can't wait to see your list if you do join! :)


  9. Anonymous Says:

    I agree about not making reading lists for some of the challenges. it leaves things open and makes them very flexible. I like the idea of this challenge and I will see how my reading goes at the end of the year if I have time to sign up.


  10. Not sure I can resist that button! I hate to be the one who says it, but I like that version of P&P better than the one with Colin Firth (which I haven't been able to finish). Can't wait to see your list if you make one!


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you.