Melody

Teaser Tuesdays

TEASER TUESDAYS asks you to:

  • Grab your current read.
  • Let the book fall open to a random page.
  • Share with us two (2) “teaser” sentences from that page.
  • You also need to share the title of the book that you’re getting your “teaser” from … that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you’ve given!
  • Please avoid spoilers!


If you are a regular reader of this blog, you'd know that Mo Hayder is one of my favourite authors. In fact, I'd be the first to buy her books once they hit the shelves, no matter if they are hardcover, tradesize or paperback. Yes, her books just have this kind of effect on me. Anyway, I should've read this book long time ago when it was released last year in February under the UK edition (US edition was released last month with a different cover) but I figured since it takes a while to see a new Mo Hayder book, I'd take my time to devour this little gem but alas, that little time has now turned into a year. With her next release, Hanging Hill, to be released in April (UK), I figured it is about time I read Gone and here it is.

Oh, if you haven't read her books yet, I think Hanging Hill would be a great one to start with since it is not part of her Jack Caffery series and is a stand-alone. As like last week, I decided to share not two sentences but the whole paragraph from a page. Happy Tuesday, and happy reading!

~*~*~*~*~*

No one spoke. She took a few steps forward. The torch beam danced in nothingness, picking up dripping walls and the odd hunched shapes of fallen earth like the humped back of an animal protruding out of the water. She stopped, turned sideways in the tunnel and put her head back as if she was trying to open her ears. Wellard left the boat and came slowly through the water, going carefully so his boots didn't make a noise. 'What is it?' he mouthed. 'Did you hear something?'

(Pg 119, Gone by Mo Hayder)

6 Responses
  1. Iliana Says:

    Maybe this will be the year I finally give Mo Hayder a try! Enjoy your book.


  2. Melody Says:

    I hope you'll read her books soon, Iliana. :)


  3. Sandy Nawrot Says:

    I've read The Devil of Nanking, and it blew me away. Need to read more of her!


  4. Jennifer Says:

    Now this sounds like a book I would definitely enjoy! My TT: http://www.rundpinne.com/2011/03/teaser-tuesdays-the-queens-lover.html


  5. The Bookworm Says:

    sounds intense!


  6. Unknown Says:

    Amazing teaser! Just from these few kines I think I understand your enthusiasm about Mo Hayder. I've written her name on my list of authors to read and am going to look her up.

    Thank you!


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you.