Melody
Happy Monday, everyone! I hope you all had a great weekend and a wonderful Father's Day celebration yesterday! I enjoyed mine; we made plans to have lunch at a vegetarian restaurant. I had mushroom soup and baked potato curry rice. It was scrumptious! We also ordered two medium pizzas but because we were too full, we had to ask the staff to pack it as a takeaway. We then proceeded to shop at a nearby shopping mall, in which I bought some clothings for myself and for my daughters as well. We had dinner at a Korean restaurant and I was glad that they had a few dishes catered to vegetarians. Their hotpot kimchi soup tasted heavenly; and my husband teasingly asked me if I would consider visiting Korea for our next vacation!

Onto a bookish note, you may think that I am having a reading slump considering I haven't been updating my blog with book reviews but trust me I have been reading; it is just that my reading progress is slow (and not to mention the fact that I have been playing 'Gardens of Time' on Facebook during some of my spare time and let me tell you, that game is simply addictive!).

I was also thrilled to receive an email from Ms Chan Takyin (陈德贤), a Hong Kong author who asked me if I would review a few of her chinese books. I haven't read her books but after reading the blurbs I said yes to reviewing 愛在三度空间 and 在晴朗的日子分手 (self translation: Love at Three Dimensional Space and Breaking Up on a Sunny Day.)

Reading wise, I am almost done with Girl in Translation by Jean Kwok so the review will be forthcoming. I also contacted Jean Kwok through the publicist and she has agreed to write a guest post for my blog so stay tuned for it!

I hope everyone has a lovely week and happy reading!
Labels: , edit post
4 Responses
  1. Alice Says:

    I'm looking forward to your review of Jean Kwok's book.

    Very nice of Ms Chan Takyin too. I can't read Chinese. LOL


  2. Darlene Says:

    Sounds like a nice Father's Day Melody. Those games can be addictive. I got to playing Scrabble on my iPad and didn't get any reading done at all a week or so back. LOL.t


  3. Iliana Says:

    What a nice weekend you guys had!

    I feel like I've fallen very behind on updating my book reviews but what can you do right? Sometimes life just gets crazy busy.

    Can't wait for your guest post! Should be so fun to read.


  4. The Bookworm Says:

    It sounds like you had a nice weekend Mel. Happy reading!


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you.