Melody
A few portraits inside Texas State Capitol



9 Responses
  1. The Bookworm Says:

    interesting shots.
    What do the bottom two depict?


  2. LOL--I'm guessing the bottom two would be curious without knowing the background!

    I'm guessing they are battles during the fight for independence from Mexico. Maybe the battle of San Jacinto? Though maybe the middle one is the battle of the Alamo...hard to tell if that's the Alamo in the background.


  3. Darlene Says:

    Great shots but I'm curious as to what battle is going in the bottom two as well.


  4. Melody Says:

    I don't think my husband ever found out what those portraits mean, as I'm sure he'd be busily taking pics as he goes, LOL!

    Trish - Thanks for your input! :) I tried googling for more info of those portraits but to no avail.


  5. I googled images battle of San jacinto paintings and the bottom one came up! Still think the middle might be Alamo.


  6. Melody Says:

    Way to go, Trish! Glad you solved the mystery for us!! :D


  7. Ceri Says:

    I'm loving this series, Mel. :) I particularly like the way your husband captured the portraits. :)


  8. Julia Says:

    Interesting portraits shot inside the Texas State Capitol! :)


  9. Alice Says:

    Interesting!


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you.