Melody

Yesterday was the first day of Book Blogger Appreciation Week (BBAW) and I want to apologise for posting this post a day late! Initially I had made plans for drafting and get this posted yesterday but my eldest daughter was sick. Anyway, it is better to be late than never so here you go. 

First of all, I want to thank Amy of My Friend Amy for hosting the BBAW again! This year marks the fifth year of the event and I want to thank her and her team for bringing many book bloggers around the world together and making things easier for us to explore more book blogs and make more new friends through this event. 

The first day of the BBAW topic is:
Appreciation! There are no awards this year, but it can still be hard to navigate the huge universe of book blogging. Share with your readers some of the blogs you enjoy reading daily and why.

I have to confess I have been slacking in commenting on blogs since the last year. I subscribed to about 200+ blogs and although Google Reader has made things easier for me to read all the blogs in one place, it is the commenting part that pose as a huge challenge as I wish I have more time to comment on every blog I read.  

Last year, I didn't specifically highlight any book blogs but instead thank all the book blogs which I subscribed for their book recommendations and their enthusiasm in spreading the book love. It is this wonderful community that make the book blogging business getting bigger and bigger as the years go, and I think this is a wonderful thing! 

This year, however, I want to highlight a few blogs (in no particular order) which are my daily read and bloggers who have now become my friends (despite the physical distance and the fact that I have not met them in person)!   

Trish of Love, Laughter, and a Touch of Insanity - I love reading what she writes and most of all, her humourous and her bubbly personality! 

Sandy of You've GOTTA Read This! - She is another book blogger who is humourous and I always trust her books recommendations! 

Wendy of Musings of a Bookish Kitty and Nymeth of Things Mean A Lot - They write good reviews, and needless to say, they are equally eloquent too!

Naida of The Bookworm - I know I can always count on her when it comes to reading romance!  

There are many, many more book bloggers I want to highlight but it is impossible to list all the 200+ blogs I read on this post. Having said that, I want to thank all the book bloggers for sharing their book love and their reviews. Blogging can be time consuming and one don't get to earn anything from writing the posts. Without the passion for books and reading, it is hard to maintain a book blog so I want to take this opportunity to thank all book bloggers for your enthusiasm and persistence in churning out all those book reviews! 

I also want to thank readers (no matter if you own a book blog or not) for reading my blog and it is your readership that always inspire me to write better and more! 

Thank you! 
Labels: edit post
7 Responses
  1. Ana S. Says:

    Thank you so much, my friend *hugs* I've also struggled to keep up with blogs like I used to in the past year or so, but I'm still here and I still appreciate all my blogging friends so much.


  2. Chauntelle Says:

    Thanks for the suggestions! I like your blog as well! I write a children's book blog at: www.storytimebooks.wordpress.com. Feel free to check it out if you'd like. I'll be back to visit your blog :)


  3. Sandy Nawrot Says:

    You know what? If you have a life with work and kids, this is the fight we wage every day...to find time. I so get that. What I love is that you and I have gone through it all together over the years. Thank you for mentioning me, and I feel proud to have my name next to those amazing bloggers. Here is to another great year!


  4. Elizabeth Says:

    Great interview...great questions and great answers.

    This is so fun. NEW EMAIL SUBSCRIBER.

    I had to interview myself since I wasn't aware of this event until yesterday. :)

    Stop by if you like.

    Have fun...this is great meeting new bloggers and visiting bloggers I already know.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    http://silversolara.blogspot.com


  5. Thank you so much, Melody! You were one of my first blogging friends and I'm so glad we are still blogging. You have a great blog here!


  6. The Bookworm Says:

    awwww...Melody! ((cyber hugs))
    I'm glad to have 'met' you and become friends in blogland. I always enjoy reading your posts. Your blog is always a must visit for me.
    It's hard to keep up with posting and commenting, it's definitely a labor of love. And like you say, we don't get paid for it, but do it because of our love of reading.


  7. Melody--I read this post a while ago but still wanted to make sure that I said thank you. I've loved getting to know you over the past five years. Hugs friend.


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you.