Melody


Today's topic: What does book blogging mean to you?

When I first started my book blog in 2006, my main purpose is purely to keep a record on the books I read and how I felt after reading them. It is sort of a personal journal, the only thing is I am doing it online and anyone can read it. But as time goes by, I realised that book blogging means so much more than just sharing my thoughts with others on the books I read. It is also about spreading books love and sharing with other readers on the great books I have discovered; and if the books I read aren't that great, I also share with them what didn't work for me and why and leave it to their judgement to read it or not. 

There are so many varieties of books out there and I can't possibly read every one of them. I need recommendations; I need opinions from other readers and this is where book blogs comes in. But that is not all, I also get to become friends with other book bloggers over the time and I think that is the best part of book blogging. Frankly speaking, most of my friends have no interest in reading and I think book blogging has allowed me to know more book lovers around the world. 

So, book blogging certainly means a lot to me; and I have to say reading is no longer a solitary experience for me as book blogging is a great outlet for me to connect with other readers. 
Labels: edit post
10 Responses
  1. SO agree - it makes reading no longer a solitary experience, but you get to shout to the World how much you love a book, and vice versa - how much you didn't like a book, but also see the opinions of those who did.


  2. The Bookworm Says:

    Well said and I feel the same way. Book blogging has widened my reading horizons. I have maybe a handful of friends and family who read every once in a while so I love that I'm able to chat books regularly with fellow bloggers. I've discovered some of my favorite authors and poets through book blogging.



  3. ...I think book blogging has allowed me to know more book lovers around the world. <~~ Yes! This! To me the best part of book blogging is this awesome community!

    The Relentless Reader


  4. So true, Melody! The meaning of being a reader has changed for me. Not only in what I read,but how I read. It's a much more social event now!


  5. Sandy Nawrot Says:

    Who knew when we started this! I liked Wendy's comment about how private reading is, but how social blogging is. To me, the community is the main attraction to blogging.


  6. Elizabeth Says:

    Nice post...and so true. Once you have others to share with, reading becomes even more of a passion.

    To Me....Blogging is all about the wonderful bloggers who make it happen. Stop by to see my post if you like.

    Have a fun day.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    http://silversolara.blogspot.com/2012/09/book-blogger-appreciation-week-day-3.html


  7. There's nothing quite like hanging out (even if it is online) with like-minded folks. Especially those bookish ones :)


  8. I definitely agree! I don't know what I'd do without being able to log onto twitter at any time of the day or night and see people talking about books. It's heart-warming and makes me feel like I belong. :-)


  9. Chauntelle Says:

    I agree! I love blogging for me as well as spreading the books I enjoy with other people! Good to get to know you a little bit better!


  10. I think that's what I like as well--that blogging has turned a solitary act into a group one. It's been so much fun and I'm SO glad to know you Melody. You definitely make my blogosphere much brighter. :)


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you.