Melody
Happy New Year! So it is the beginning of a new year and I hope everyone had a wonderful holidays! 

Last year was considerably a good year for me but not so good in the reading department. Looking at my list I only read nineteen books last year. That's a great difference as compared to my reading habits as in the past few years, in which I read about two books in a week. Nevertheless, my habit of listing down my top reads for the year never change and here it is:

Best Crime Fiction:

Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
Broken Harbour by Tana French












Best Literature

Asylum by Patrick McGrath











Best YA:

Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins














Best Romance:

A Rogue by Any Other Name by Sarah MacLean













As of this year, I hope I will be able to read more books and that my favourite authors would release their new titles more quickly (e.g. Mo Hayder, Tana French, Anne Stuart... just to name a few) and last but not least, to discover more wonderful books and new authors as well. 

So, what are your top reads for last year? 
7 Responses
  1. TP Says:

    I loved A Rogue By Any Other Name too! Hope you have a great 2013 and read more awesome books :-)

    Tanya Patrice
    Girlxoxo.com


  2. Ana S. Says:

    Anna and the French Kiss is just adorable - and I can't believe I still haven't read Tana French! Happy New Year, Melody :)


  3. Gone Girl is on quite a few best of lists--I guess I'd better read that one soon. I need to catch up on the Tana French novels. I've still only ever read In the Woods by her.

    I hope you have a great New Year, Melody!


  4. The Bookworm Says:

    I have both Gone Girl and Broken Harbour on my wishlist. Happy New Year Mel :)


  5. Anonymous Says:

    Anna and the French Kiss was my last read for 2012 and I agree with Ana, it is adorable! Have a happy 2013!


  6. Gone Girl was an exciting read, wasn't it? I'm hoping to one day read the Tana French novels--I've heard so many great things about them.


  7. Marg Says:

    Lots of good reads here! Loved Anna and the French Kiss and Sarah MacLean is one of my new favourites!


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you.