Melody
It's that time of the year again in which you will sit in front of your laptop and trying to figure out which books would make it on your favourites list. As usual, I'd had a hard time picking on ten twelve books as I think I have a good reading year this year. I had read more books as compared to the last and I think my reading momentum sped up a lot due to the many good books I read, not that I'm complaining. 

Without further ado, here is part one of my favourites list of the year (not in any particular order):



1) Wonder Woman: Warbringer by Leigh Bardugo
Because it's Wonder Woman, enough said. (Review here)

2) Right Behind You by Lisa Gardner
Emotionally driven and intense plots. A book which made my heart race and ache at the same time. (Review here)

3) The Dry by Jane Harper
Good writing and an unputdownable read. And I WANT her next book like... NOW! (Force of Nature to be released in February 2018) (Review here)

4) Eleanor Oliphant Is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman
An unexpected read but oh one which filled me with tears and joy. Eleanor is one extraordinary character. (Review here)

5) He Said/She Said by Erin Kelly
Just wow. Great characterisations, great plot. Totally blew me away. (Review here)

6) A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah J. Maas 
A great fantasy series which had my heart race and ache at the same time. (Review here)

(To be continued...)


© 2017 Melody's Reading Corner (https://mel-reading-corner.blogspot.sg/), All Rights Reserved. If you are reading this post from other site(s), please take note that this post has been stolen and is used without permission.
10 Responses
  1. Iliana Says:

    Love, love end of year reading lists! I am pretty sure The Dry is going to end up on mine as well. Can't wait to read your next part.


  2. Jenny Says:

    Oi! I haven’t read any of these! I better start looking at my reads so I can get my lists going.


  3. Melody Says:

    Iliana - I love reading other resders' favourite reads, too. More books to add to our wishlist. ;)


  4. Melody Says:

    Jenny - Looking forward to your list, Jenny.


  5. Bellezza Says:

    I keep seeing Eleanor Oliphant everywhere, a book which totally escaped me this year. It was fun to see what you enjoyed. Merry Christmas!


  6. Marce Says:

    I am reading Eleanor Oliphant right now, it reminds me of A Man Called Ove, lovely character. I have seen The Dry on many lists, so I need to add that one.


  7. Melody Says:

    Bellezza - That book was a great read. I hope you'll read it someday if you can, Bellezza. Happy New Year!


  8. Melody Says:

    Marce - Yes, both books have great characters. And you've to read The Dry!


  9. Such a fun list, Melody! I went with a top five this year to keep it easy for myself. Haha

    I haven't yet finished my review of Wonder Woman, but I enjoyed that one as well. I haven't read any of the other books on your post, but they all sound good and several are on my radar to read.

    Thank you for sharing!


  10. Melody Says:

    Wendy - Totally understand with having a top five list, Wendy. It definitely makes things easier having a shorter list with all the long list of books read to choose from, right?

    I hope you'll enjoy the books which are on your radar and I look forward to hearing your thoughts on them.


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you.