Melody
Here's part two of my top reads of 2017. In case you have missed my previous post, here's the link


(Not in any particularly order)

7) Little Fires Everywhere by Celeste Ng
Great story and an unforgettable one. Celeste Ng's writing and her storytelling skills are superb. (Review here)

8) Final Girls by Riley Sager
Read like a horror yet it isn't one. Fast-paced, intriguing and filled with intensity. A real page-turner. (Review here)  

9) The Tea Girl of Hummingbird Lane by Lisa See
A beautiful, moving story with a great setting. Lisa See sure knows how to move her readers with her writing and her unforgettable stories. (Review here)

10) The Good Daughter by Karin Slaughter 
Karin's books are always emotionally intense. Loved the premise behind that suspense. (Review here)

11) Behind Her Eyes by Sarah Pinborough
A refreshing read from the other psychological thrillers in the market. And the ending totally blew me away! I dare you to read it and guess the ending correctly. (Review here)

12) The Lost Girls by Heather Young
A great debut by this author; skillfully crafted and beautifully written. Suspenseful and emotionally driven at the same time. (Review here)

There you have it. What are your favourite books of the year? 


© 2017 Melody's Reading Corner (https://mel-reading-corner.blogspot.sg/), All Rights Reserved. If you are reading this post from other site(s), please take note that this post has been stolen and is used without permission.
18 Responses
  1. Iliana Says:

    I haven't read any of these but they are almost all on my TBR list. And, yes, doesn't Lisa See create such great stories?


  2. Jenny Says:

    Little Fires Everywhere and The Good Daughter are on my tbr list.


  3. Melody Says:

    Iliana - I'm glad these books are already on your TBR list, Iliana.

    Lisa See is a great storyteller in my opinion. :)


  4. Melody Says:

    Jenny - I hope you'll enjoy those two books as much as I did.


  5. Lark Says:

    Love your list...both parts! That's a lot of good books to choose from. I will definitely be adding some of these titles to my list of 2018 reads. :D


  6. Marce Says:

    I have considered all of these but definitely will read Behind Her Eyes. I think 2 my book club will read at some point.

    I love lists from my favourite bloggers, definitely a great way to create the 2018 list.


  7. Melody Says:

    Lark - I hope you'll enjoy them if you do read them, Lark. :)


  8. Melody Says:

    Marce - Looking forward to your thoughts on Behind Her Eyes, Marce. :)


  9. jenclair Says:

    Behind Her Eyes was twisty, but I really liked Heather Young's The Lost Girls!

    We just got back in town and I found your card and letter waiting! :)


  10. The Tea Girl of Hummingbird Lane made my favorites list too! I loved that book so much. I am glad you did too. I really want to read Little Fires Everywhere this coming year. All your books sound so good, Melody. You have such good taste in books. Or maybe it's that we have similar tastes. :-)

    I hope you have a Happy New Year, dear friend.


  11. Melody Says:

    Jenclair - Totally didn't expect the plot for Behind Her Eyes and I've to admit that twisty ending took me aback, ha.

    Yay that my mail arrived! :)


  12. Melody Says:

    Wendy - You've good taste in books too, Wendy. I do think we share some similar taste in books. :)

    Happy New Year to you and your family, Wendy!


  13. The Bookworm Says:

    I want to read Little Fires Everywhere and The Good Daughter too. Glad you enjoyed these!


  14. The ending of BEHIND HER EYES was so good!! Loved it. THE LOST GIRLS was a great book too. I need to check and see if the author has a new one coming out this year.


  15. Final Girls was one of my top reads in 2017 as well! It looks like you had a really amazing year of reading! I hope that 2018 goes just as well for you!!


  16. Melody Says:

    Naida - Hope you'll enjoy them when you do read them, Naida.


  17. Melody Says:

    Diana - I totally enjoyed that twist in Behind Her Eyes, but I also knew that some readers don't. I hope she'll have a new book out this year, as well as the other authors I mentioned here. :)


  18. Melody Says:

    Samantha - Yes, I'm glad I'd had a great reading year with the many good books I read and I hope this year will be a better one for all of us. :)


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you.