Melody

St Martin's Press | August 2016 | 304 pgs
Source: Purchased



Perfect couples. You either love them or hate them. Author B. A. Paris chills readers in this psychological thriller about a perfect couple and what's really happened behind closed doors. 

Everyone is envious of Jack and Grace Angel. They are not only a pair of beautiful couple but they are also loving to each other and wouldn't go anywhere without the other. Jack is a successful lawyer and his forte is handling domestic violence cases; Grace used to work as buyer for Harrods but quit her job after marrying Jack. Financial is never an issue with Jack and he told Grace he could even support Grace's younger sister, Millie, who has Down's Syndrome. 

As the story progresses, readers will know that there is something very wrong with the Angel couple. With the atmosphere thick with tension and a heavy sense of foreboding, this psychological thriller entrances readers to keep on reading despite what happened. Told in Grace's narration between the past and the present in alternating chapters, this compelling story tells a darker side of the human psyche and that not everything is what they seem to be. 

At the risk of telling more the longer I write this post, I felt this book is best read without knowing anything and thus, this review will be short and vague. And what about the ending? All I can said is it was satisfying. 



© 2016 Melody's Reading Corner (https://mel-reading-corner.blogspot.sg/), All Rights Reserved. If you are reading this post from other site(s), please take note that this post has been stolen and is used without permission.
7 Responses
  1. jenclair Says:

    Another one that is full of tension and suspense! I'm not sure if I would like it, but it does sound intriguing!


  2. Lark Says:

    It does sound intriguing. And it's good to know that the ending doesn't disappoint. I hate investing a lot of time in a book only to be let down at the end. :)


  3. Melody Says:

    Jenclair - The characters and the subject matters bothered me, but still it was a very intense read.


  4. Melody Says:

    Lark - Yes, I was glad the ending wasn't a disappointment but I thought it's fit for some discussions.


  5. Iliana Says:

    I had a hard time talking about this one too, Melody. Didn't want to spoil it. I felt so awful for her sister. Grace too of course but her sister was really vulnerable.


  6. Melody Says:

    Iliana - Indeed! It was hard to say more without spoiling the story. Not wanting to spoil further, I simply want to say one of the characters was smart to set the motions rolling.


  7. Marce Says:

    The tension was incredible and I did enjoy the ending also.


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you.