Melody
OMG, you should read this book with gloves! It is HOT with a capital H! (Not to mention an eye candy alpha male gracing the cover. Note: This is an erotic romance suspense.)

Clint McIntyre, otherwise known as "Iceman" amongst his Navy SEAL mates is a tough warrior. He has destroyed a drug cartel in Columbia and now he is back for a break, but he never expects to run into Morganna Chavez, whom he has lusted for years and also happens to be his best friend's younger sister.

Morganna has been in love with Clint ever since she was sixteen, at that time he was only twenty-five and although Clint discourages her from getting too close to him, she never gives up and wishes one day he will come to accept her. On the other hand, Clint knows he can't give a life she wants for he had experienced a difficult childhood with an abusive father and a selfish mother whom doesn't care about him. He doesn't want to shatter her hopes so he keeps his distance, although it hurts him to do so.

Now Morganna is working with the DEA to uncover a thriving date-rape drug and no one knows her job except her best friend Raven. When Clint sees her mixing around at a BDSM club, he demands her to leave but Morganna refuses to succumb to his "threats". He gets furious when he later finds out Morganna is working in a dangerous mission, but she refuses to back out, saying this is what she has been wanting to do. Then there is a shot of gunfire outside the club and Clint isn't sure if it is aimed at Morganna. He has lost his two SEAL mates before and he wouldn't allow it to happen to Morganna, thus he will do anything to protect her at all costs.

Lora Leigh succeeds in creating an emotional intense and action paced romance suspense story, and other than that I like the characters too. Although Clint gives me the impression he is stubborn and dominant, he does has his soft side when Morganna is concerned. And I think Morganna is a strong heroine who isn't afraid to speak up and follows her mind. I could actually feel their love for each other and have enjoyed the emotional intense while reading it. You may also wish to read the story of Morganna's brother - Reno's Chance in Honk If You Love Real Men anthology, which begins this wonderful series.
Labels: edit post
4 Responses
  1. Julia Says:

    I LOVE this book! Of course you already know that from my excitiment LOL...it been fun reading this along with you :)


  2. Melody Says:

    Yeah, enjoyed it! And you were way ahead of me while reading it, though I wouldn't mind, hehe.


  3. Julia Says:

    And...am sorry about being way ahead of you ;) But you know, I did mention that it usually take me 2-3 days to finish a book. So I read this on the weekend, and is 3 days reading LOL

    Promise not to do this again..jumping ahead I mean *grin*


  4. Melody Says:

    As I said, I don't mind it at all. It shows that you enjoyed this book which I feel it's a great thing!

    Looking forward to reading the next Ice book by Anne Stuart! *wink*


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you.