Melody
The haze is back again. If not of the smoky smell, one would have thought the nation has become another ‘Genting Highlands’.

It was getting so bad that there was a day that the PSI (Pollutant Standards Index) read 150. For your information, PSI value from 100 and above is considered unhealthy, so it is recommended to stay indoors and reduce any vigorous outdoor activity.

Ever since the haze started, my eyes are especially dry as I wear contact lenses. Also, I find one tends to fall sick easily, mostly with dry throats and respiratory problems. I am not surprised the shops that sell herbal drinks see their profits soar as the PSI rate rises. To prevent having sore throats, here are some remedies that work for me:



1) Green Tea (not to mention it’s my favorite drink too!)






2) Oldenlandia water (Oldenlandia is actually a Chinese herb, and is known to diminish fever, detoxification and assistant in digestion).





3) Chrysanthemum Tea with wolfberries






4) Cup of plain water with a dash of salt
Labels: edit post
4 Responses
  1. Jennifer Says:

    Hey girl, thought I would stop by and say HI!!! Glad to see a "regular" post from you, lol, since I don't read!!!

    Hugs!!


  2. Julia Says:

    Gee - I sure hope that people who doing the hazard, stop it. It sure not good for you obviously or anyone else.

    I hope your eyes are okay :)


  3. Melody Says:

    Hi Jennifer, so glad to see your post!!! Yep, will try to add on other things beside the book reviews. *winks*

    Melody


  4. Melody Says:

    Thanks Julia! Yeah, I sure hope so too. It's a pain to endure those smoke!!!

    Melody


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you.