Melody
Folks, this is definitely not your usual romance suspense thriller. It's darker, more intense, more exciting...and simply make you want to flip the pages faster. This reminds me a little like her other book Nightfall. Gosh, I enjoyed Nightfall so much and it's one of my favourite Anne Stuart's books, besides Black Ice that is.

Annie Sutherland intends to find the answer that cause her father's death. She doesn't believe that her father falls off the stairs and broke his neck, no, she believes it was something more sinister, something like murder...

She has no one to turn to except James McKinley. Before her father's death, he told her James will be the person to look for if she encounters any problem. James is her father's most trusted man. But James doesn't appear as what he is, for all she knows, he can be a killer, and yet this terrified and intrigued Annie at the same time.

Annie is a typical father's girl, for he molded her to be what he wants to be: docile, elegant and ladylike. He even goes to the extent of picking a husband for her. Until his death, she never realizes this until she meets James, again.

James, on the other hand is trying to keep himself alive. He isn't pleased to find Annie appearing at his doorstep one day, pleading answers from him. He just wants to kill her, to make things easier for both of them, but he simply couldn't do it. He has watched her grow from a child of seven to a woman of twenty seven... and she has a way of getting under his skin.

Next, they are on the run to uncover the conspiracy around her father's murder. And towards the end of the book, the tension heightens and hear this...there is even a twist in it! Although I can say I enjoyed this book, but I would think I prefer Nightfall more.

Still, Anne Stuart's writing style amazes me! I simply love her books! I'm still waiting for her next new release Cold As Ice to hit the shelves here, and I'm getting very impatient.
Labels: edit post
8 Responses
  1. Julia Says:

    Moonrise is one of the book I haven't read yet. But I know I will. I'm trying to get some of the backlist that I haven't read, but the most one I have already read so far, are all good..except for one :)

    Good review, Melody! Can't wait to read it. And pretty soon we'll read Cold As Ice together, too! *grin*


  2. Melody Says:

    I hope you will get Moonrise soon, Julia! BTW, have you read her earlier historicals? I think they are hard to find too.

    And darn it, still couldn't find a copy of Cold As Ice yet! I'm beginning to wonder if we'll get to read this end of the year?! LOL.

    Melody


  3. Julia Says:

    Hmmm, am not sure which is her earliest historicals books. But the following is the one I did read by her:

    – Ritual Sins
    - Shadow Lover
    – Nightfall
    - The Devil Waltz

    Look like that it, and it seem to be more romantic suspense, except I know that "The Devil Waltz" is historical.

    Did we read Black Ice together at the end of the year too? LOL


  4. Melody Says:

    I can't recall if we had read Black Ice end of last year, but it sure looks like the history is repeating if we did. LOL!

    Melody


  5. Julia Says:

    Thank to my "50 Challenge Books" I kept record of all the books I read since the beginning of last year. And looking at my record, it look like we read Black Ice in June of 2005. So it doesn't seem like it was at the end of the year.

    But it was the book of the year (2005), wasn't it *grin* LOL


  6. Melody Says:

    Goodness, didn't know you keep a record on books you read!!! But I think it's a good idea.

    But yes, it's definitely 'Book of the Year' for that book!

    Melody


  7. Julia Says:

    Errrrr....Melody - That is what we do in my reading group that I'm in - the ideas was to listed and record all the books you have read for the "50 Challenge Books" and post it to the group in the email. So everyone can see and get some recommendation and idea if rather they would like to read the book or not.

    We been doing this since last year. And I know I told you that we record the books :)


  8. Melody Says:

    Well, this is one of those perfect examples that show I have a short memory! LOL.

    Melody


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you.