Melody
Alice has tagged me with another fun meme.

Do you remember how you developed a love for reading? I fell in love with books when I was in Primary School. I cannot remember if my first book is an Enid Blyton's or a Nancy Drew's book though, but I know I was hooked onto them and that is what most matters.

What are some books you read as a child? A lot of Enid Blyton’s books and Nancy Drew series of course. I also read a few Hardy Boys series too. These detective stories really intrigued me!

What is your favorite genre? You know, I do not think I have a favourite genre because I find each genre is different and special on its own. I always find pleasure in reading them anyway. For example, I love the excitement and suspense of the thriller genre; the wonderful imagination and the magical themes of the fantasy genre where anything is possible.

Do you have a favorite novel? Absolutely, but I have too many that it is hard for me to name just one.

Where do you usually read? I can read almost anywhere, but my favourite spot will be the L-shape sofa in our living room where I am free to lie on it or stretch my legs when I get too tired.

When do you usually read? I don't really have a specific time when it comes to my reading. I grab every opportunity to read whenever I can especially at home because it is hard to concentrate with a four-year-old kid who is always vying for your attention. And of course, I always read on the train when I am travelling to and from work.

Do you usually have more than one book you are reading at a time? Depends. Sometimes, I read two books at the same time but I try not to exceed that number because it can get confusing.

Do you read nonfiction in a different way or place than you read fiction? I rarely read nonfictions nowadays. However, I do look at nonfictions and fictions differently as the former usually provides knowledge and information which I may find them useful at times. Like fictions, it does not matter where but when I would find the time to read them.

Do you buy most of the books you read, or borrow them, or check them out of the library? I used to borrow books from the school libraries or the public libraries during my school days. It was only when I started working that I began to buy books from the used bookstores or bookstores so that I can keep them and read at my own pace.

Do you keep most of the books you buy? If not, what do you do with them? I do, especially those which are my favourites, and some of the others as a remembrance. I still buy a few from the Nancy Drew series and I am currently looking out for some out-of-print Sweet Dream romances which was a hit during the 80s. As for the books that no longer interest me, I do not simply throw them away. I will either donate them or put them onto my BookMooch inventory so that someone will read and appreciate them.

If you have children, what are some of the favorite books you have shared with them? Were they some of the same ones you read as a child? I love reading children's picture books too. I will buy them if I am attracted to their stories and illustrations, and will definitely share them with my daughter. I am glad she has enjoyed them so far. I will introduce the Enid Blyton's and Nancy Drew series to her when she is getting older.

What are you reading now? I am currently reading P.S. I Love You by Cecilia Ahern and a Harlequin Mills & Boon romance, The Greek Tycoon's Defiant Bride by Lynne Graham.

Do you keep a TBR (to be read) list? Yes. It is always good to keep track and so as to avoid buying the same book in future.

What’s next? I have no idea what to read next as it often depends on my mood.

What books would you like to reread? There are several books on my list, but I would choose to read these books anytime: Coraline by Neil Gaiman, Tokyo (aka The Devil of Nanking) by Mo Hayder and The Goose Girl by Shannon Hale.

Who are your favorite authors? (Not in any order) Mo Hayder, Nora Roberts, Anne Bishop, Shannon Hale, Neil Gaiman, Matthew Reilly, Anne Stuart, and a few others that I could not think of right now.

* * *

Consider yourself tagged if you want to play this but please leave me a comment so that I can come visit. :-)

Labels: , , edit post
11 Responses
  1. Alice Says:

    Thanks for playing, Melody! Really enjoy reading your answers. My, my... we do share some very similar answers, lady! LOL.


  2. Melody Says:

    Thanks for tagging, Alice. :) Memes are always fun to play, especially they're books related.


  3. Iliana Says:

    Oh that's a great meme. If I get a chance I'll play later this weekend!
    Good luck finding those Sweet Dreams books. I used to have tons of those but one time during my college days, the apartment I was living at flooded and my books were ruined. So sad. I wonder what it'd be like to read one of those now. I was such a fan of them :)


  4. Ana S. Says:

    What a great meme! I'll definitely play if I have the time. I love your to re-read list :)


  5. Melody Says:

    Iliana - I'm hoping you'll play soon so I can read your answers. :)
    You know, I really regretted not buying those Sweet Dreams books at that time...*sigh*. I wish the publisher will consider reissuing them, but I don't think that's possible.

    Nymeth - That's great! I'm looking forward to reading your answers soon. :)


  6. Anonymous Says:

    Alice tagged me as well and I will try and get it done tonight when I am on my home computer. I read a lot on the train as well, it's a good way to pass the time and to ignore the other randoms on the train. I am glad you put Anne Bishop, Shannon Hale and Neil Gaiman on your favourite authors list oh and I love Enid Blyton too and still re-read some of my favourites if I am feeling in need of cheering up (The Faraway Tree stories are my favourites).


  7. It's so hard to name a favorite author, isn't it? There are so many good ones out there!

    I've been wanting an L-shaped couch. It would be perfect for the shape and size of my living room. But since we don't know if we will be moving in another couple of years, I'm holding off on making that sort of decision just yet.


  8. Jane Says:

    Great answers Melody! We have some favorite authors in common!


  9. Melody Says:

    Rhinoa - I can't wait to read your answers. :)

    Wendy - I love our L-shaped sofa! We had been eyeing for this way before we moved into the house! Choosing the material and the sheets were the most difficult because they are so many to choose from! ;)

    Jaimie - I'm glad that we've some favourite authors in common! :)


  10. Julia Says:

    Really enjoy reading your answers! Very interesting! I'm sure that Mo Hayder is one of your favorite authro and knew you were gonna add him hehe. I have yet to read his books though. Eventually I will.


  11. Melody Says:

    Thanks, Julia! :)
    I love Mo Hayder's books! Her books are just superb! I really hope you'll read her books one day soon! ;)


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you.