Melody

Teaser Tuesdays


TEASER TUESDAYS asks you to:
  • Grab your current read.
  • Let the book fall open to a random page.
  • Share with us two (2) “teaser” sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.
  • You also need to share the title of the book that you’re getting your “teaser” from … that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you’ve given!
  • Please avoid spoilers!


My teaser sentences for today [Me and Mr Darcy by Alexandra Potter (Pg 63)]:

"Jane Austen lived here during the last eight years of her life and this is regarded by many to be her literary home. . ."

Our tour guide is chuntering away as she leads us through the seventeenth-century red-brick house which has been turned into a museum, and although I'm trying to focus, my attention keeps drifting.



Musing Mondays

Todays MUSING MONDAYS post is a question from “Scobberlotch” who asks:

How has the economy impacted your book buying? Do you think it’ll change the reading and book-buying habits of the country? Will it increase your library visits? Will it make you wait for the paperback edition instead of buying the hardcover?

Hmm... seriously I have not thought of this before, but I do not think the economy will have much impact on my book buying. My book buying rules are very simple:

  • I will buy my favourite authors' books;
  • The books are recommended by fellow blog buddies;
  • I am intrigued by the blurbs.

I have not been to the libraries for a long time (I am not sure if I will read and return the books on time; and I like to read at my own pace nowadays), but I do visit used bookstores and then, there is BookMooch.

As much as I love hardcovers, I hardly buy them because I find them bulky and inconvenient to carry along, so paperbacks is still my favourites.

As for whether or not if the economy will change the reading and book-buying habits of the country, I think there is a possibility but then it will depend on how much of a bookworm that person is.

10 Responses
  1. Alice Says:

    Hi Melody, I'm excited about the book you picked for this round's TT. I read Me and Mr Darcy in July last year and enjoyed it a lot. LOL.


  2. Melody Says:

    Hi Alice! Yes, I remember you read it and enjoyed it. I'm loving it so far, it's fun and a light-hearted read. :)


  3. Iliana Says:

    I've been trying to show a bit more restraint when buying books but it's not just because of the economy but also because I realize my To Be Read pile is out of control! haha...


  4. Ana S. Says:

    One of these days I want to read a book about/based on Jane Austen! Maybe I'll go with Shannon Hale's Austenland.

    As for book buying, I think I'm a well-behaved addict :P I buy lots of books, but I'm always on the lookout for bargains, I make wide use of used bookstores and Bookmooch, and I rarely ever buy expensive hardcovers. So yeah, not much of a need for me to change even in these hard times.


  5. I used to covet hardcover books until I realized that they just sit on the shelf because they aren't as easy to carry around. I think for us bookbloggers the economy won't make much of a difference on our habits--we'll get those books one way or another!

    Look forward to hearing what you think of Me and Mr. Darcy


  6. Shana Says:

    Ohhhhhhhh, I've been wanting to read this one!

    Shana
    Literarily


  7. Melody Says:

    Iliana - You said it! ;) But I know we won't stop buying despite this, eh?

    Nymeth - Oh, I've that book in my pile! I'm looking forward to reading it though not so soon...

    Bookmooch and used bookstores sure help our wallets, don't they? ;P

    Trish - You're so right about the bookbuying! ;D I'm still behind my reading... nowadays I can only read when my little one is sleeping, hehe.

    Shana - I'm hoping you'd read this book soon! It's a fun read. :)


  8. Julia Says:

    I don't think I let the economy would impacted my books buying, not that I could help it anyway LOL !

    I tend to only buy hardback books from favorite authors, other wise most of my books buying are in paperbacks. It help to bring the cost down bit. I only buy trade size paperback from favorite authors as well.

    It's been forever since I gone to the library, since those stuid hurricane visiting the South. But I have feeling I would have to go back, just for few of the books I need to read in order to finish up the rest of an on going series :)

    I love this questions and reading your answers, Melody!


  9. I prefer not to buy hardback books either, although sometimes I can get them cheaper in book club format than in trade paperback and so I will get them that way. I do not see my book buying habits changing much either, to be honest. I'm always trying to cut back on my book buying, which is nothing new. And I always fail miserably at it! Haha


  10. Melody Says:

    Julia - I buy HC of my favourite authors too! ;P And I really miss visiting the public libraries. *sigh*

    Wendy - I share your sentiments, hehe.


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you.