Melody

I found this meme over at Dewey's blog. Very interesting questions... so I did mine and here they are:

1. Do you remember learning to read? How old were you? I think I began to read when I was in Primary One. That was probably the first time I have been to the library and that was how it got me hooked to reading. It always cheers me up to see those row of books waiting for my exploration, although nowadays I patronize the bookstores more than the libraries, hehe.

2. What do you find most challenging to read? Well, probably some non-fiction books, not that I read them often anyway.

3. What are your library habits? Well, I don't visit the libraries anymore. I'd rather buy the books so that I could keep them after reading it.

4. Have your library habits changed since you were younger? The only thing that changes is I don't frequent the library now, unlike when I was younger (i.e. I would go to the library at least once every week.)

5. How has blogging changed your reading life? Blogging has definitely changed my reading life. I will blog after reading a book; and I will go all the way to look for a book after reading the great reviews from my fellow book bloggies. And of course the most exciting part is the reading challenges, because that's my valid excuse of buying more books!

6. What percentage of your books do you get from: New book stores, second hand book stores, the library, online exchange sites, online retailers, other? Probably 80% at new bookstores, 20% at second hand bookstores.

7. How often do you read a book and NOT review it in your blog? What are your reasons for not blogging about books? Not often. Usually I will write a review after reading a book.

8. What are your pet peeves about ways people abuse books? Dogearing pages? Reading in the bath? I think I'm quite particular about it when these are concerned. I hate books that are dog-earred so that's why I use bookmarks to mark my book. And I definitely don't read in the bath because the wet pages will wrinkle after they dried. I want my book to look as new as possible. (Yeah, I know I'm weird.)

9. Do you ever read for pleasure at work? Sometimes I will read during lunchtime, depending if I have lunch appointments with my coworkers, or when I'm early to the office.

10. When you give people books as gifts, how do you decide what to give them? Well, this really has to depend on the person whom I'm giving it to. I will give them books based on their preferences. However, there are times that I will give a book which I find interesting even though it's not on their preference list, hoping it will entice them and become another of their preferences.

Consider yourself tagged if you want to do this meme, but please leave me a comment so that I'd come visit. :-)
Labels: edit post
10 Responses
  1. Darla Says:

    Oh, I like this one! I'll probably do a post on it, too, though it'll probably be a while until I get around to it. I'll be sure to link to you when I do, though. **smooches**


  2. Melody Says:

    Oh great, Darla! Can't wait to read your answers. :)


  3. We are very similar in some ways, Melody. I prefer to buy my books too and tend to buy more new than used. I wish I was the other way around sometimes--it sure would save money. ;-)

    Blogging has increased what I get out of my reading, I think. I'm more careful about the reviews I write now than when I wrote them just for myself. And my wish list has sure grown because of all the recommendations you and other bloggers have made.

    It was fun reading your responses! Thank you for sharing.


  4. Melody Says:

    Hi Wendy! Glad to hear that our minds think alike, hehe... I'd still prefer to buy my books new. (Although I'm always hoping that there will be a sales at the bookstores, haha.)

    I definitely agree with you about writing reviews. It always pay to be extra careful. And I will never complain about my huge TBR pile because you and other bloggers always have great recommendations!

    Finally, thanks for reading, Wendy! :)


  5. Alice Says:

    I'm going to do this too. :D

    Sorry I wasn't able to visit yesterday -- was swarmed with work...


  6. Melody Says:

    Great! Can't wait to read your answers too, Alice! :)

    No worries about not visiting, I totally understand when work is concerned! Weekend is just around the corner, so have a break! ;P


  7. Sam Says:

    I've done the meme!!! It is the longest post I have EVER done! (mind you, I have not been blogging for that long!)


  8. Sam Says:

    whoops sorry - should have linked to my meme - here it is: http://samburgess.blogspot.com/2007/11/meme.html


  9. Melody Says:

    Hi Sam! Thanks for visiting my blog, and for playing this meme as well. :) I have left my comment on your blog.


  10. Darla Says:

    Hey, there! I finally played. Thanks--it was fun.


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you.