Melody

Do you get on a roll when you read, so that one book leads to the next, which leads to the next, and so on and so on?

I don’t so much mean something like reading a series from beginning to end, but, say, a string of books that all take place in Paris. Or that have anthropologists as the main character. Or were written in the same year. Something like that… Something that strings them together in your head, and yet, otherwise could be different genres, different authors…

Well, there are times that I do read on a roll, and sometimes I just don't. And there are also times that I read books of the same genre in a row due to a certain theme of the reading challenges. However, I don't have any fast rules when it comes to reading because it depends a lot on my mood.

4 Responses
  1. Same here. It depends on my mood too!

    BTW, your link at BTT does not work. It takes us back to BTT post!


    reading room


  2. Hi, Melody! I hope you are having a good weekend. I sometimes get on a roll, but overall I think I am more of a mixer. :-)


  3. Melody Says:

    Hi Gautami! Thanks for telling me about the link. :)

    Hi Wendy! I think I'm a mixer too, unless I have a lot to catch up with a particular reading challenge so I will have to get on a roll, hehe.


  4. I agree on this one, mood is a great motivator. If a book in a genre I havent read for a long time is really good, then that's when I usually want more of that genre right away.


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you.