Melody
My apologies for this long overdue post as work and reading has got in the way but I will not bore you with those details. So without further ado, here's my account of what we had seen at Universal Studios, Singapore.

~*~*~*~*~*

May 26th marked as a special day for us because it was our first trip to Universal Studios. Way before its opening in March, it has received lots of hype locally as this is the second Universal Studios Theme Park to open in Asia.

Before the trip, we had bought our tickets online the day before so as to avoid the queue and all the hassle. We took a bus from outside Vivo City (nearest MRT Station: HarbourFront) where it took us to Resorts World Sentosa. The other option is to take a monorail but we figured taking a bus is more convenient and not to mention cheaper (a dollar less to be exact).


As we arrived a little early, we managed to capture a shot of Po from Kung Fu Panda and Woody Woodpecker before the opening hour (Unfortunately, we didn't have a chance to take a picture with them once the staff opened the gates to let us in, but we did take a picture with Frankenstein. Well, he wasn't as scary as what we have imagined him to be, or perhaps he didn't want to frighten our 6-year-old daughter, hehe).

Below picture featured the main attraction of the theme park called "Battlestar Galactica" (a dueling roller coaster), located in Sci-Fi City (there are various names for different themes but I will come to those later).

Sci-Fi City


There are two gates for "Battlestar Galactica": Human (in red) and Cylon (in blue). I couldn't comment of this attraction due to the closure, but I was quite thrilled to be able to pose a picture with a Cylon (see above) which I think was pretty cool.

Since we couldn't take the above ride, we hopped on to Accelerator whereby the ride was very similiar to those spinning cups and saucers ride. We decided one ride was enough as our daughter wasn't keen for a second round (in which she claimed the ride made her a little giddy.)

Follow up next was Revenge of the Mummy at Ancient Egypt. Below picture featured the main entrance for the high speed roller coaster ride. Because our daughter didn't meet the height requirement, my husband and I took turn to take the ride and I have to confess I was intimidated by the speed initially but once I was at it, the experience was totally amazing! Besides the thrill of riding in darkness, what added to the intensity and excitement was the images of robotic mummies and their sound effects which might send goosebumps to the weak-hearted ones. (My husband went for a second ride for this one, which I admit it was fun but ...)


For those who would prefer a family-oriented ride than a high speed ride, I would suggest Treasure Hunters where the guests could take a slow ride on a vintage desert jeep as it take them to abandoned Egyptian excavation site (we didn't take a picture of this, all thanks to the Mummy ride as we were still recovering from the excitement, ha.)

An overview of Battlestar Galactica and Ancient Egypt

The weather was exceptionally hot that day so it was a perfect setting for the characters from Madagascar as they danced to the music and mingle with the audience. There's also a carousel (King Julien’s Beach Party-Go-Round) but our daughter wasn't interested in it, thus we didn't stop by and play. It was unfortunate that Madagascar: A Crate Adventure wasn't completed but I understood from the official website that there would be state-of-the-art animated figures, digital projection, and slow-action effects etc so I might consider visiting again once all the rides are ready. (*waving at Jennifer T.* Maybe during your next visit here!)

Madagascar: A Crate Adventure

Well, I have a few more things to share, but I think I will leave that for another post.

14 Responses
  1. Julia Says:

    WOW Sound like you and your family had a great time! Love all the pictures you share with us. Very interesting ride you went on, and I love seeing what it look like. I never been to Universal Studio before but it sure sound fun :)


  2. Now I want to go! I am glad you and your family had such a wonderful time, Melody. I admit I like the fast rides, but not when they have big dips or go upside down.


  3. Ana S. Says:

    Sci-fi city! Ancient Egypt! I want to go toooooo. Thanks for sharing, Melody :)


  4. Melody Says:

    Julia - Yes, we had a terrific time! We look forward to visiting again! I hope you'll have a chance to visit Universal Studios one day soon!

    Wendy - I love those rides, but oh they can be scary at times, LOL.

    Ana - Don't you love the sound of those names, eh? :P


  5. Beth F Says:

    Wow is right. What a day! Everything looks like it would be fun -- I love roller coasters, and that one looks huge!


  6. The Bookworm Says:

    wow! it sounds like you had an awesome time! the photos are grea :)
    http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com/


  7. Iliana Says:

    Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun! I bet your daughter was thrilled :)


  8. Anonymous Says:

    wow, sounds like a lot of fun, I cannot wait to go there. Great pics Mel


  9. Ladytink_534 Says:

    That looks like fun! I'm going to go to Disney World before I go to Universal but I'd love to do both :)


  10. Melody Says:

    Beth, Naida, Iliana, Violet & Jen - Thanks, ladies! I hope you all enjoyed reading our trip! :)


  11. Ceri Says:

    WOW, Mel. I'm so jealous. I'd love to go to Universal - it sounds like so much fun and I'm a huge film geek so I think I'd be in heaven. Hehe.


  12. Darlene Says:

    Fantastic pictures! Sounds like you had an awesome time.


  13. Anonymous Says:

    The rides you were able to take look fantastic! I cannot go upside down on rides or I will have a major headache for the rest of the day :)


  14. Alice Says:

    Very interesting, Melody! I hope to visit Universal Studios Singapore one day.


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you.