Melody

Mailbox Monday is hosted by Marcia from The Printed Page where readers get to share the books that came into their house last week.

I was so thrilled to get The Passage by Justin Cronin (bought from The Book Depository) as I have read so many rave reviews about this one! I cannot wait to read it, but then I have to confess I am a little intimidated of this chunkster.


What books came into your house last week?



Library Loot is a weekly event co-hosted by Eva and Marg that encourages bloggers to share the books they’ve checked out from the library. If you’d like to participate, just write up your post-feel free to steal the button-and link it using the Mr. Linky any time during the week. And of course check out what other participants are getting from their libraries!

I found a few YA books which I look forward to reading them soon:

1) Nothing Like You by Lauren Strasnick

2) Leaving Paradise by Simone Elkeles

3) And Both Were Young by Madeleine L'Engle

12 Responses
  1. I'm still fighting temptation to buy this one. I don't know how long I'll last though. LOL


  2. In spite of all the pages, it really goes very fast! :--)


  3. Melody Says:

    Wendy - LOL, I know what you mean. I just couldn't resist buying this one considering that it's a chunkster!

    Rhapsody - I look forward to reading it... I'm just waiting for the right mood to strike. ;)


  4. Julia Says:

    WOW I admire your bravely to buy that chunkster book LOL! But I know what you mean about being intimidated of it, cause I went to B&N yesterday (it's 1:36am Mon now) on Sunday and saw it on table. My first thought was WOW that is big book ;)


  5. Melody Says:

    Julia - I just can't resist the temptation, LOL. It's like that book is calling my name! :P


  6. Ceri Says:

    Ooh, some very cool books there. Whenever I go to The Book Depository, I can't help myself - I have to get an abundance of books! I can't just get one. You must have some strong willpower. ;-)


  7. Iliana Says:

    I read a very good review of the Justin Cronin book and now I want to read the book! It'll probably be a while before I get to it but oh the anticipation!

    You'll have to let us know how it goes.


  8. Anonymous Says:

    I started The Passage last Tuesday morning and am only 1/3 way through. Believe it or not, I read quite a bit this weekend. Anyway, I like it so far and plan to savor the entire 800 pages. I hope you enjoy it!


  9. Darlene Says:

    I have The Passage to read as well. I agree it's quite the chunkster but I sometimes really like one of those in the summer.


  10. Melody Says:

    Ceri - Book Depository is an addictive place, isn't it? :P

    Iliana - Initially I wanted to wait a while before getting The Passage but well, it seems like I've no self control when it comes to buying books, hehe.

    Kristy - Ooh, I can't wait to hear your thoughts on it!

    Dar - It does make a perfect summer read, isn't it? I'd love to read this at a beach. ;)


  11. Anonymous Says:

    Everyone's been talking about The Passage. I'm looking forward to your review.

    --Anna


  12. Alice Says:

    Like Wendy, I'm fighting the buying temptation too. :D


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you.