Melody
I felt like a slacker when it comes to finishing the reading challenges I had signed up for the year. Anyway, I am happy to say I have completed the 2010 Young Adult Reading Challenge, hosted by Home Girl's Book Blog (previously known as J. Kaye's Bookblog).

I committed to read 12 books and here's a list of what I read:

  1. Leaving Paradise by Simone Elkeles

  2. Nothing Like You by Lauren Strasnick

  3. Rules of Attraction by Simone Elkeles

  4. Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles

  5. Half World by Hiromi Goto

  6. Hate List by Jennifer Brown

  7. Heartbreak River by Tricia Mills

  8. Going Too Far by Jennifer Echols

  9. The Worst of Me by Kate Le Vann

  10. All Unquiet Things by Anna Jarzab

  11. The Adoration of Jenna Fox by Mary E. Pearson

  12. Mia the Magnificent by Eileen Boggess


And here's the part where I failed when it comes to Sookie Stackhouse Reading Challenge which is hosted by the lovely Candace of Beth Fish Reads.

I'm ashamed to say I have only read two books of this series:

  1. Living Dead in Dallas

  2. Dead Until Dark

I think my main reason for not completing this challenge is due to my reading mood. I'm not a fast reader in general and plus, I tend not to read books of the same series in a row, no matter how interesting they are. Perhaps I have left the reading gap for too long with this series, thus that explains why my anticipation wasn't there. Still, I'd want to read the rest of the books since I have them all in my pile.



Library Loot is a weekly event co-hosted by Eva and Marg that encourages bloggers to share the books they’ve checked out from the library. If you’d like to participate, just write up your post-feel free to steal the button-and link it using the Mr. Linky any time during the week. And of course check out what other participants are getting from their libraries!

Here's what I borrowed last Friday:

1) The Lonely Hearts Club by Elizabeth Eulberg

2) Wings of Wrath by C.S. Friedman (Magister Series #2)

I read the first instalment, Feast of Souls and enjoyed it! (Here's my review.)

I regret to say I have to return Infinity (by Sherrilyn Kenyon) and The Toss of a Lemon (by Padma Viswanathan) after reading a few pages. At that point of borrowing Infinity I didn't realise it's a story about Dark Hunters and zombies. Though I enjoy reading about vampires, I've no idea why I just can't get sucked into any zombie story like the way vampires stories do to me. I think I've to blame it on some of those freaky zombies movies I watched. As for The Toss of a Lemon, the due date is up and plus it's a chunkster and I want to devour this story at my own pace, thus I will probably purchase this book next time.

9 Responses
  1. Mrs Suvi Says:

    The Lonely Hearts Club looks good and so do many of the books you read for the Young Adult's reading challenge. Congrats on finishing the challenge! I've only participated in one challenge so far and will soon be completing it..


  2. Julia Says:

    Well...you have read more books then I did. But congrats on all the books you did accomplishment :)

    Great list of books from library! I hope you enjoy it as much when you check it out from the library :)


  3. Sandy Nawrot Says:

    I just prepared my mid-year update, and I am pretty aware of where I stand with my challenges. Ugh! My goal is to put a huge dent in them this summer, but there was one I had to drop. It just wasn't going to happen!


  4. The Bookworm Says:

    I dont do a mid-year update on challenges...lol...I'd rather stay in denial :)
    Congrats on finishing the YA challenge. And two books on the other challenge isnt bad. Its better than none.
    Nice libary loot!

    http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com/


  5. Anonymous Says:

    Congratulations on finishing a challenge!
    I don't like to read books of a series in a row either, so I can see how that would slow you down.


  6. Iliana Says:

    Yay, congrats on finishing your YA challenge. That's wonderful. I have been such a slacker with my challenges but I still love to join.

    And, I'm just like you when it comes to series. No matter how much I love a series, I don't really like to read them back to back. How funny isn't it.


  7. Melody Says:

    Pinkilili - Thanks! YA is one of my favourite genres so I'm quite happy that I've completed the challenge!

    Julia - I think you're doing well too, but just that I'm waiting a little too long for those reviews. *hint, hint* LOL. :D

    Sandy - I'm in awe of your reading speed, and that you're one fantastic multi-tasker! Heck, I wish I've more time for all the things I've to do!! :P

    Naida - LOL. I felt the same way too, but I need to remind myself to read faster, if I could.

    Stacy - Yeah, I think I need to work on that one!

    Iliana - Reading challenges are addictive, what can I say? :P


  8. Serena Says:

    Congrats on finishing the challenges you did complete. I failed Sookie as well...but I'm giving myself until the end of the year to finish the ones I want to finish.


  9. Alice Says:

    Well done on finishing the YA challenge!

    I didn't manage to finish my Sookie Stackhouse challenge (short of completing 3 books) because I shipped them to Penang for my move. I'm going to make it up and complete it even if it's after the deadline. :)


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you.