Melody
I hope everyone had a great weekend and a wonderful Father's Day yesterday! We enjoyed ours and look what I found at the bookstore after we had our scrumptious lunch - Faithful Place by Tana French! This is one of my most eagerly anticipated books of the year and I was thrilled that they are already released here! (Well, if you have read In the Woods and The Likeness, you'd be able to understand my excitement.)




Library Loot is a weekly event co-hosted by Eva and Marg that encourages bloggers to share the books they’ve checked out from the library. If you’d like to participate, just write up your post-feel free to steal the button-and link it using the Mr. Linky any time during the week. And of course check out what other participants are getting from their libraries!

Here's what I borrowed last Friday:

1) Infinity by Sherrilyn Kenyon

2) The Stand by Stephen King (Initially I couldn't make up my mind whether or not to pick this up considering this is a chunkster and I'll probably couldn't finish reading it on time since I have another two more library books to read, but still I got it anyway as I've seen many SK fans highly recommend this. Plus, I've heard there are inevitable comparisons with Justin Cronin's The Passage so definitely my curiosity is piqued!)

12 Responses
  1. Anonymous Says:

    I almost picked up The Stand at the library last week, may be next time.

    I have one Tana French book in my TBR, hoping to get to it soon.


  2. Jaimie Says:

    I can't wait to pick up Faithful Place and am looking forward to your review on this book! Have a great week Melody!


  3. Melody Says:

    Violet - Which Tana French book did you have in your pile? I do hope you'll read it soon! ;)

    Jaimie - I've no idea when I'll read that book...I suppose it depends on my mood. :P
    You too have a great week, Jaimie!


  4. joanna Says:

    I still have In the Woods to read, I'm just not keeping up! ;-)


  5. Sandy Nawrot Says:

    Faithful Place is SO on my list of things I want to read this summer. Read fast and let me know what you think (loved The Likeness). Also The Stand is totally phenomenal. King's best by far.


  6. Ladytink_534 Says:

    The Stand is one of my favorite and most re-read books. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!


  7. Iliana Says:

    Oh wow, you got it? I can't wait to read Faithful Place. I'm so curious how she's going to tie that in with the other two! Enjoy your books, Melody!


  8. Melody Says:

    Joanna - I hope you'll read it soon! :)

    Sandy - I can't wait to read those books! How I wish I'm on a vacation so I can just read and read!

    Jen - Glad to hear it's your favourite! Now I can't wait to read it! (Though I'm still a little intimidated by the volume, hehe.)

    Iliana - Yeah, I was surprised that the book was released early here, but hey I'm not complaining! :P I'm hoping this book will be better than the previous two!


  9. Alice Says:

    Hey Melody, I'm glad you managed to get a new release so fast! Envy, envy... LOL


  10. Ladytink_534 Says:

    You do know that King put out two versions of The Stand right? The first one is shorter because the publisher wouldn't take such a long book. He released a special edition in 1990 called "The Stand: The Complete & Uncut Edition; King restored some text originally cut for brevity, added and revised sections, changed the setting of the story from 1980 (which in turn was changed to 1985 for the original paperback release in 1980) to 1990, and updated a few pop culture references accordingly."


  11. Melody Says:

    Alice - I'm thrilled to get it! Now I need to find some time to read it!

    Jen - Thanks for telling me! Yes, I'm aware of the two editions. I think I got the one released in 1990. ;)


  12. Lisa Says:

    I've got In The Woods...somewhere. I really need to get to it because I know I'm going to want to read all three books.


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you.