Melody
I am back from my short blogging break. I know, it is nothing much of a big deal but I sure missed you all! So what did I do during the break? I spent loads of time with my daughters, especially my 1-year-old since my eldest one goes to the childcare during the daytime. And I had also spent some time reading Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins when my little one was napping and I want to tell you I couldn't stop reading that book because it is so intense!

I am also happy to receive some books I ordered from The Book Depository a while back. Here are what I got: I Capture the Castle by Dodie Smith (thanks to Nymeth's review), The Turn of the Screw by Henry James and I'm Looking Through You: Growing Up Haunted: A Memoir by Jennifer Finney Boylan (thanks to Eva's review). I visited the bookstore during lunchtime earlier and I was so thrilled to find Her Fearful Symmetry by Audrey Niffenegger on shelves so of course I had to grab it! So, did you buy any books lately?

Finally, I received some bloggy love and I want to share them with you. Thanks to Keri for passing on the following awards to me:

My Top Blog Commenters Award

Super Comments Award

For these awards, I am passing them on to:

Also, thanks to Ceri for passing on the following award to me:

Proximidade AwardBeing a recipient of this award affirms that this blog invests and believes in the Proximity – nearness in space, time and relationships. This blog receives this great award as a further way to reiterate that it is exceedingly charming, and aims to find and be friends. They are not interested in prizes or self-aggrandizement! Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers!

I am passing this award to:

I hope everyone has a great weekend ahead! Happy reading!

Labels: , edit post
18 Responses
  1. Debi Says:

    Sounds like a wonderful way to spend a blogging break, Melody! I can't believe your youngest is a year old already...time flies so quickly!!!

    Congrats on the much deserved awards, and thanks so very much for passing one on to me! :D


  2. Andreea Says:

    I read I capture the Castle, but I didn’t really like it! The Turn of the Screw is one of my favorite books, I hope you’ll like it! I received Her Fearful Symmetry yesterday, so I am looking forward to reading it! Congratulations on your awards and thanks for passing one on to me, Melody! Happy reading!


  3. Sandy Nawrot Says:

    Ooooh! Turn of the Screw! You know I've never read that, but I know it is something I would love.

    Thank you so much for the awards! I started laughing, because I have to do some posts today on awards, and I was going to give you this exact award! Well! I will just have to give you a different one! You are such a loyal commenter on my blog, and is so appreciated!

    Glad you had some good time off! Everyone needs it!


  4. Eva Says:

    Welcome back! :) I hope you love I'm Looking Through You (I always get a teensy bit nervous when people read books because of my reviews! lol).


  5. Jennifer Says:

    Sounds as though you had a lovely break. Welcome back and than you for the lovely award. :)


  6. Beth F Says:

    Oh what a lovely thing. Thank you so much. I just put in a 12-hour day and turned to your blog, and what do I see? Your kindness in giving me an award. That helped make my day! Thanks.


  7. Ceri Says:

    Congrats on your awards, hun. :) And thank you very much.

    I saw the film, I Capture the Castle, and heard the book's ten times better (I enjoyed the film!). I can not wait to read Her Fearful Symmetry too. :-D


  8. naida Says:

    Sounds like you had a nice break :)

    congrats on the awards! and thanks for passing one on to me :O)
    Happy reading.

    http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com/


  9. Veens Says:

    aww! You have a 1 yr old.. how cute!!! And I hope she felt good, having mommy dearest showering all her time on her :))

    I didn't buy any books :(

    Well thank u soooooo very much for the cute awards! You deserve them all :)

    have a good day!

    And i sure need to get catching Fire!


  10. Nymeth Says:

    Welcome back, Melody! I hope you enjoy I Capture the Castle as much as I did. Congratulations on your awards, and thank you so much for including me :D


  11. Trish Says:

    So glad that you were able to spend some time with your daughters without having to worry about other things getting in the way (work...yuck). Congrats on your awards--they are much deserved. And thank you so much for thinking of me!


  12. Alice Teh Says:

    Congratulations on the awards, Melody! And thanks for passing it on to me and others.

    I'm so glad you're back! I'm sure you had a great time with your daughters.

    You've received the book CATCHING FIRE. I'm jealous! Haha


  13. Melody Says:

    Thank you, everyone, for your kind comments! I really appreciate them all! You all are the best! :)

    Happy reading and keep all the great recommendations coming! :P


  14. Julia Says:

    It wonderful to have you back, you're always missed. Don't go away far too long ;)

    Thanks for the two awards, Melody! I know you are too a top/super commenters too. I'm always looking forward to your post each days and have something to comments :)


  15. Violet Says:

    Your daughters would have loved every min of the extra time :)

    Congrats on the awards and thank you so much for passing one to me :)


  16. Serena Says:

    Congrats on your awards and looks like you had a nice blogging break.

    Thanks for passing an award onto me.


  17. bermudaonion Says:

    Congratulations on your awards!


  18. Iliana Says:

    Well, just as you were getting back from your break I was going on mine! I'm so glad to hear you had a good time with your girls! I love blogging but it is nice to get in those downtimes isn't it?

    Anyway congrats on your awards and thank you so much for passing it on. You are wonderful!