Melody

Teaser Tuesdays

TEASER TUESDAYS asks you to:

  • Grab your current read.
  • Let the book fall open to a random page.
  • Share with us two (2) “teaser” sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.
  • You also need to share the title of the book that you’re getting your “teaser” from … that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you’ve given!
  • Please avoid spoilers!

My teaser for today:

The apparition had reached the landing halfway up and was therefore on the spot nearest the window, where at sight of me, it stopped short and fixed me exactly as it had fixed me from the tower and from the garden. He knew me as well as I knew him; and so, in the cold, faint twilight, with a glimmer in the high glass and another on the polish of the oak stair below, we faced each other in our common intensity.




(Pg 39, The Turn of the Screw by Henry James)

12 Responses
  1. Julia Says:

    great interesting teaser, Melody! I hope the book are as good as the teaser are :)


  2. Iliana Says:

    I keep meaning to read this one. Sounds perfect for this time of the year too :)

    I saw a production of it on t.v. and it was wonderfully creepy!


  3. Alice Says:

    I've always wanted to read this! I'll get the free online version. :)


  4. I can't wait to read your thoughts on this one, Melody. I still remember the class discussion we had on this one back in high school.


  5. Veens Says:

    What is this teaser talking about? It gives me the creeps!


  6. Melody Says:

    Julia - It sure is!

    Iliana - Oh, I didn't know there's a production of it. How I wish our TV station airs it here!

    Alice - Great! I can't wait to hear your thoughts when you get to it!

    Wendy - I can imagine how interesting it'd be for your class discussion! This story is a true classic! ;)

    Veens - It's about the main character seeing a ghost, so of course it's creepy. :P


  7. I remember reading it long time back!

    Tuesdays: Teaser/Whereabouts


  8. Ana S. Says:

    I finished this book yesterday! Great minds think alike ;)


  9. Jennifer Says:

    An excellent teaser and a brilliant novel. Mine is here: http://rundpinne.blogspot.com/2009/10/nine-dragons-teaser-tuesdays.html


  10. Darlene Says:

    Wow, that's a great teaser Melody. This sounds like my kind of book.


  11. Anonymous Says:

    Great teaser!


  12. Melody Says:

    Thanks, everyone! I've finished reading this book and am trying to formulate my thoughts on writing a review on it. ;)


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you.