Melody

Musing Mondays

Today’s MUSING MONDAYS post is about a random book.

I’ve seen several bloggers mention reading multiple books this week. Do you frequently read more than one book at a time? Do you try to limit this to a certain number? Do you have different books for different purposes/topics?

I used to read one book at a time, but that was during my pre-blogging days. Nowadays, with all the great recommendations I get from fellow bookbloggers (and not to mention my own books coveting habit), I think the only way I could catch up on my reading is to read more than one book at a time. To avoid confusion of the plots and the characterisations, I limit myself to read no more than three books at a time and also to make sure they are of the different genre.

What about you?


Mailbox Monday is hosted by Marcia from The Printed Page where readers are to share the books that came into their house last week.

I only received one book last week:

1) Admit One: My Life in Film by Emmett James (review copy)

What books came into your house last week?

14 Responses
  1. Violet Says:

    I can read only one book at a time. I've tried reading more than one but I just cannot do it.

    I got Admit One too, hope its good :)


  2. Melody Says:

    Violet - Can't wait to hear what you'll think of Admit One! :)


  3. Julia Says:

    Me too Melody, if I was to read more then one books, I can only limited myself to three books. Plus with all the joint-reading I've done with you and Alice, and book to read on my own... it keep my reading speed up.


  4. Alice Says:

    I am starting the habit of reading more than 1 book at one time but I find that slowing me down. It's actually faster for me if I read one at a time. :D


  5. I also only read one book at a time. No more for me !!


  6. Sandy Nawrot Says:

    I can read up to four at once (a hard book and audio with the kids, hard book and audio for me). I very rarely will get them confused, because generally they all have very different plots.


  7. caite Says:

    I try to have only one active book..but I always have a few semi-inactive books waiting on the sidelines


  8. Debi Says:

    I wish I could make myself read just one at a time...but I'm hopeless. :(



  9. Nise' Says:

    Different genres make it easier to have more than one going at a time for me too.


  10. One book at a time for me. Here's Mine


  11. Darlene Says:

    You already know I read more than one at a time. lol. I have however started limiting the number I read to about 3 or 4 depending and try not to take too much time getting back to one already started.


  12. Melody Says:

    Hi, everyone! I apologise for not replying on a one-to-one basis...things have been hectic here and I'm trying to catch up on reading everyone's blogs!! I hope you all have a wonderful week ahead!


  13. Care Says:

    I am trying to read more than one book at a time due to SO MANY books I want to read! I look forward to your review of Admit One.


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you.