Melody
I know I have said this before that I am not going to participate in more reading challenges, however I have to make it an exception when it comes to Carl's R.I.P. Challenge because i) it is fun and I love reading gothic, horror stories and ii) it is kind of a tradition for me to participate in Carl's R.I.P. Challenge every year.

So, this is the fifth year of Carl's R.I.P. Challenge and for this round, I would like to participate the following:

I rarely read short stories nowadays and I want to take this opportunity to read The Penguin Book of Ghost Stories - From Elizabeth Gaskell to Ambrose Bierce (Selected by Michael Newton) which I had purchased awhile back. For this category, I will post a review of each short story I read (well maybe up to 3 stories max.) from the collection instead of compiling them all in one post as I thought it will allow me to pay more attention to each story and to express my opinions more in details.

R.I.P. V Challenge runs from September 1st (that's today!) through October 31st and this time around, Carl has also added an additional Peril (Peril On the Screen) where you can post a review of any scary, eerie, mysterious gothic fare you have watched, be it a television show or a film. I am going to keep this choice open as I am quite keen to watch Haunted Changi but then again I wonder if my weak heart is able to take in the horror considering the setting is based on a true famously haunted old hospital in Singapore. Well we shall see.
12 Responses
  1. Julia Says:

    wishing you good luck on your RIP Challenge! :)


  2. Hooray for tradition! Thanks for continuing on with us this year. You'll definitely have to do a review of Haunted Changi as I've not heard of that.


  3. Ana S. Says:

    Oooh... that sounds like a wonderful anthology!


  4. Iliana Says:

    Oh I want a copy of that book - sounds great!

    I'm so excited about this challenge too. Have fun Melody!


  5. I gotta have it!

    Please do check out the books I already read for RIP V.


  6. Darlyn Says:

    Good luck Melody!


  7. The Bookworm Says:

    good luck with it Mel.
    Haunted Changi sounds good!
    http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com/


  8. Veens Says:

    :o) Good luck and enjoy!


  9. Alice Says:

    Have fun, Melody!


  10. I plan to join this challenge as well, albeit a little late. I look forward to your thoughts on Gaskell's stories, Melody! Good luck!


  11. RIP V is a wonderful challenge; have fun--I plan to.


  12. joanna Says:

    ooh, your collection of ghost stories sounds interesting... I want! :-)


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you.