Melody
Today, I'm going to talk about music for my second Nostalgic Moments post. I'm sure everyone must have at least one favourite band or artiste whereby their songs will forever live in your heart (mind) no matter how long it has been or whether or not if they are still performing today. Music plays a huge role in my life, both present or past. I listen to music whenever I'm happy, and I listen to music whenever I'm feeling down too. And music is definitely my best companion during those school examinations days as I find it to be one of the most wonderful methods to de-stress.

My mom had a song that made her cry whenever she listened to it, as she could relate to every word of the lyrics. I don't think I have a song that would make me feel strongly that way, yet, but I've to admit whenever I listen to that song, it makes me think of her (she passed away four years ago for your information).

Anyway, back to the topic. I think my first favourite band is a British female pop group called Bananarama. They are quite famous during the early 80s. "I Heard a Rumour", "Love in the First Degree" and "Venus" are just a few of my favourite songs by them.


(L to R: Siobhan Fahey, Keren Woodward and Sara Dallin)


Besides Bananarama, I have a few favourite pop groups/artistes from my teenage days but instead of giving them a full introduction I shall leave you with the pictures of their albums so I won't bore you to tears (in case you aren't into 80s music).

(You may wish to click onto the image for more information.)

Debbie Gibson Tiffany Kylie Minogue NKOTB Depeche Mode Johnny Hates Jazz

(L to R):

Debbie Gibson (My top favourites: "Foolish Beat", "Lost in Your Eyes", "Out of the Blue")

Tiffany (top favourites: "All This Time", "Oh Jackie", "Hold an Old Friend's Hand", "Radio Romance", "Drop That Bomb")

Kylie Minogue (top favourites: "I Should Be So Lucky", "It's No Secret", "Je Ne Sais Pas Pourquoi")

New Kids on the Block (top favourites: "Please Don't Go Girl", "I'll Be Loving You (Forever)", "Cover Girl", "Baby, I Believe in You")

Depeche Mode (top favourites: "World in My Eyes", "Policy of Truth")

Johnny Hates Jazz (top favourites: "Shattered Dreams", "Turn Back the Clock")

If you are into 80s music, who is your favourite bands/artistes?

12 Responses
  1. Julia Says:

    Musics have always been a part of my childhood life and growing up to now. I contantly always around musics no matter where I go or who I am with. Some of the group/artist you have listed here, are all part of my childhood favorite as well (especially NKOTB!). But, lyrics that hold strong meaning for me, are the one that stay with me the most and became a favorite. For example, I love Peter Cetera (who was in the band Chicago)songs. His song ALWAY express my feeling and my life perfectly. Also song like "The Search Is Over" by Survivor and "You Can Never Surrender" by Corey Hart - had a story behind it that mean something personal for me too. I love the 80's!


  2. Anonymous Says:

    def leopard by far!!!!!!
    dianam167@sbcglobal.net


  3. Veens Says:

    Kylie looks fabulous! I have not heard a lot of music from 80s :(

    And I have too many favorites to list now :)

    i am sorry about your mom. Thanks for doing this post.


  4. Unknown Says:

    OMG! Bananarama is awesome! Hubs says I'm still stuck in the 80's because I only listen to 80's music still! A few years ago I actually went to an 80's concert with my girlfriends and we had a blast! Love, love,love the 80's!


  5. Iliana Says:

    I have that Depeche Mode in a cassette tape! Haha... I love 80s music of course as it reminds me of my teen years. One of my favorites - The Go-Go's.

    Great post Melody!


  6. Darlyn Says:

    I barely hear songs and I dont really now music. lol. i know it's like a joke but it's true. but i love reading the post Melody!


  7. Alice Says:

    I kind of like Kylie Minogue. Those names sound familiar but I don't think I've listened to them...


  8. bermudaonion Says:

    I did enjoy Bananarama, but I was a little too old for the rest of those groups!


  9. The Bookworm Says:

    Great post ;O) Tiffany and NKOTB were my favs too.
    http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com/


  10. All I can think about is THAT HAIR!!! What were people thinking?? LOL! But gotta say--love me some 80s pop!

    Sometimes songs make me feel nostalgic as well--and I think it's sweet that certain songs make you think of your mom!


  11. Those are some great ones, Melody! My parents listened mostly to country western music when I was growing up and so many of my favorites during the 80's were country singers like The Oakridge Boys, Alabama, Kenny Rogers, Sylvia and Dolly Parton. I did like some pop, of course. Johnny Hates Jazz, Sting, Madonna, Cyndi Lauper, and Whitney Houston among them.


  12. Anonymous Says:

    Ahaha, I think we had very similar tastes as teenager!!!! Debbie Gibson and Tiffany! Brings back memories.


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you.