Melody

Mailbox Monday is hosted by Marcia from The Printed Page where readers get to share the books that came into their house last week; this month the host for Mailbox Monday is Julie of Knitting and Sundries.

Here's what I received last week:

1) Adventures of Rusty & Ginger Fox by Tim Ostermeyer (from the publicist)

2) Dash & Lily's Book of Dares by David Levithan & Rachel Cohn (bought from The Book Depository)

What books came into your house last week?



Library Loot is a weekly event co-hosted by Marg and Claire that encourages bloggers to share the books they’ve checked out from the library. If you’d like to participate, just write up your post-feel free to steal the button-and link it using the Mr. Linky any time during the week. And of course check out what other participants are getting from their libraries!


I borrowed two books from the library last week - The Levels by Sean Cregan and A Pale View of Hills by Kazuo Ishiguro. I've seen many bookbloggers mentioned about Kazuo Ishiguro's books but just haven't got around to reading them yet, so I really look forward to reading this book.

Sean Cregan's debut novel The Levels is an urban gothic thriller about an abandoned housing project, the Levels, inhabited by Newport's homeless population which is run by the powerful Sorrow. I thought the blurb sounds interesting and with that eye-catching cover, I just couldn't pass this up. I hope I'll have the chance to read this before the date due (my reading progress is slow nowadays since there have been a lot of things on my plate lately - the relocation of office in another two weeks, getting things prepared for my daughter's admission to Primary One next year, etc. and this is why I did not sign up for the Secret Santa or Holiday Swap this year even though I terribly wanted to and I've also got a feeling that christmas shopping will be a last minute thing. Oh well. *sigh*

Hope everyone has a wonderful week ahead!

9 Responses
  1. Julia Says:

    WOW, I never heard of these authors before. But I hope you enjoy them all as much as when you brought them :) I love getting books in the mailbox! It always fun and surprising! :)


  2. Violet Says:

    some really interesting books. I've read only one book by Kazuo Ishiguro which I loved. Hope you love all the books


  3. Anonymous Says:

    I haven't read a book by Kzuo Ishiguro either, I hope you enjoy it!


  4. Alice Says:

    I think I have one or two of Kazuo Ishiguro's books but have yet to read them. Happy reading!


  5. Ana S. Says:

    You know what, I think I'm going to make Dash & Lily's Book of Dares an early Christmas gift to myself. Because you've just made me realise I need it :P


  6. The Bookworm Says:

    happy reading mel :)
    I like the cover on Dash & Lily's.
    http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com/


  7. Veens Says:

    I have one book in my pile by Ishiguro. I hope you enjoy all your books.


  8. Iliana Says:

    Melody, I hear you. I've been so swamped lately and I think the rest of the year will be a bit crazy so I had to get out of challenges and I couldn't participate in Secret Santa. I figure I rather participate when I can be a bit more engaged and actually have fun :)

    Hope things calm down for you some. Anyway, you've got to tell us about that Dash & Lily's book because the cover is just too cute!


  9. Anna Says:

    Those are both new-to-me books with great covers. Happy reading!


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you.