Melody

Teaser Tuesdays

TEASER TUESDAYS asks you to:

  • Grab your current read.
  • Let the book fall open to a random page.
  • Share with us two (2) “teaser” sentences from that page.
  • You also need to share the title of the book that you’re getting your “teaser” from … that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you’ve given!
  • Please avoid spoilers!

In many ways, that room is the most pleasant in the house, with a splendid view across the orchard. But it had been Keiko's fanatically guarded domain for so long, a strange spell seemed to linger there even now, six years after she had left it - a spell that had grown all the stronger now that Keiko was dead.


(Pg 53, A Pale View of Hills by Kazuo Ishiguro)

9 Responses
  1. Alice Says:

    Sounds mysterious...


  2. Julia Says:

    The way the room was describe and the feeling in the room, make the scenes very interesting. It make you wonder what was presents in that room six years ago. Good teaser, Melody!


  3. Willa Says:

    Good quote! I like it, makes me want to read more!



  4. Escapist Says:

    I will look this one up for my wishlist. I'm intrigued.

    Here's my teaser: Bitten by Kelley Armstrong


  5. Jennifer Says:

    Sad, yet compelling. I will be looking for this book. My TT: http://www.rundpinne.com/2010/11/teaser-tuesdays-heideggers-glasses.html


  6. Ana S. Says:

    Oooh - I haven't read this one before, but I want to because a) I love Ishiguro and b) It's a favourite of Sarah Waters', so it can't not be good :P


  7. Iliana Says:

    I'm a big, big fan of Ishiguro but this is one I haven't read. So far my favorite of his is The Remains of the Day. One of the few books I've actually re-read! :) Hope you enjoy this one.


  8. So tempting! I will have to look for this book.


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you.