Melody

Teaser Tuesdays

TEASER TUESDAYS asks you to:

  • Grab your current read.
  • Let the book fall open to a random page.
  • Share with us two (2) “teaser” sentences from that page.
  • You also need to share the title of the book that you’re getting your “teaser” from … that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you’ve given!
  • Please avoid spoilers!

An older woman from the group, a mother or aunt, screamed and ran forward toward the alcove, and one of the soldiers shot her. Captured on film. The curse of photojournalism in war was that a good picture necessitated the subject getting hurt or killed. Helen blinked, tamped emotion.


(Pg 28, The Lotus Eaters by Tatjana Soli)

8 Responses
  1. Iliana Says:

    OMG - what a teaser! Can't wait to read your review of this one.


  2. Veens Says:

    Oh my! I do think the Journalists sometimes have to do some dirt job.



  3. Jennifer Says:

    Brilliant choice, I chose the same book! I just finished my writing my review for this book. My TT: http://www.rundpinne.com/2011/01/teaser-tuesdays-the-lotus-eaters.html


  4. The Bookworm Says:

    I know that exact moment in the book :) I just finished reading this one myself. Great teaser.
    http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com/


  5. Julia Says:

    I like the cover art of this book! And am really looking forwrad to see your review and know what your thoughts on it :)


  6. Darlene Says:

    Great teaser. I won this book and can't wait to read it. I look forward to your review.


  7. Ceri Says:

    Woah, what a quote. I'm definitely intrigued now!


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you.