Melody
This is a weekly event hosted by Marcia of The Printed Page every Wednesday.

As quoted by Marcia:

I love beautiful, and interesting, cover art so every Wednesday I post my 'Cover Attraction' for the week along with a synopsis of the book. Everyone is welcome to stop by and, if they'd like, post a link to their favorite weekly book cover.

* * * * *

My find this week is The Scent of Oranges by Joan Zawatzky. I feel I could just smell the orange every time I look at this cover!


Publisher: Garev Publishing International
Published: October 2008

Synopsis (from B&N):

Linda returns to the family orange farm in South Africa to attend her father's funeral. She is drawn back to her past, to the striking beauty of her homeland and the people who still live and work there, but her country is vastly different. A democratic government has emerged from the shame of apartheid, yet it's a violent land where extreme poverty, AIDS and TB exist alongside western affluence and where beliefs in ancestral spirits and voodoo still linger below the surface. Her father's last wish was for Linda to investigate the murder of her youngest brother and the guilt of those accused. Ghosts of the past guide her search as she seeks the dangerous truths behind each new lead. As the lies unravel, her family will be dishonored, a shameful past will be revealed and yet there is great hope for reconciliation and the future.

* * * * *

To find out more or participate go to The Printed Page every Wednesday.

11 Responses
  1. JessicaLeigh Says:

    Beautiful cover! I agree -- It does seem as if you can actually smell the orange!

    Looks like an interesting book! Do you think you'll end up picking it up?


  2. Melissa O. Says:

    That IS a beautiful cover! Thanks for sharing it with us!

    Suddenly I want an orange ;-)



  3. Wanda Says:

    Doesn't that cover just make you want to take a deep breath and inhale the scent of oranges!? It is a gorgeous cover; just read a review for it today (yesterday).


  4. This sounds like such a good book and I love the cover.


  5. Anonymous Says:

    I love this cover too. It's beautiful. The description also seems good.


  6. Marcia Says:

    Thank you for posting a Cover Attraction this week. While the cover is beautiful the story is painfully slow going. I finally gave up and didn't finish it.


  7. Melody Says:

    Jessica - I'm not sure though, since I've read mixed reviews on this one.

    Melissa - I wish I've an orange now. It's tea break time. ;)

    Naida - It's beautiful, isn't it?

    Wanda - That's what this cover is doing to me, LOL.

    Wendy - It sure is, huh? :)

    Violet - The premise sounds promising, though I'm not sure if I want to pick it up sooner due to the mixed reviews.

    Marcia - I'm sorry you didn't finish the book. I've to admit the slow going of the story can be pretty frustrating.


  8. Alice Says:

    *nom nom nom nom*

    Oooops! Sorry for chewing the cover. LOL!


  9. Darlene Says:

    I just reviewed this last week and while the book was just ok for me I love the cover. Good choice!


  10. Melody Says:

    Alice - I know, it looks chewable, eh? LOL.

    Dar - I read a few mixed reviews about this book so I'm not sure if I want to get it, but I've to say the cover is just so gorgeous!


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you.