Melody

Teaser Tuesdays


TEASER TUESDAYS asks you to:

  • Grab your current read.
  • Let the book fall open to a random page.
  • Share with us two (2) “teaser” sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.
  • You also need to share the title of the book that you’re getting your “teaser” from … that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you’ve given!
  • Please avoid spoilers!
Here's my teaser for today:

The only person who had ever picked Jennifer Harris was Cameron Quick, and sometimes when I was with Ethan I felt the smallest twinge of guilt, like being with him was a betrayal. The only thing that could never die or be buried was my loyalty to Cameron for everything he'd done for me and what we'd been through together, even if the loyalty was to a ghost.


(Pg 19, Sweethearts by Sara Zarr)
12 Responses
  1. Sandy Nawrot Says:

    Alright, you got me! I will be waiting for more on this one!


  2. JessicaLeigh Says:

    Great teaser! There's so much emotion and desperation in just two sentences.

    Can't wait to see what you think about this one! If it turns out to be good, I think I might pick it up!


  3. Melody Says:

    Sandy - It's getting more intense the more I read it!

    Jessica - I'm enjoying it so far. I know I won't go wrong with this book since it's recommended by a great blogger friend. *grinning at Nymeth*


  4. The teaser makes me feel sad and eager to learn more. :-)


  5. Julia Says:

    What a great teaser, Melody! And it sure does sound sweet, if not intense :)


  6. What a teaser! Sounds like a good read!

    Here is my post!


  7. Alice Says:

    That last sentence totally hooked me. Nice one, Melody!


  8. Beth F Says:

    Oooh -- a ghost? Great teaser.


  9. Ana S. Says:

    *grins back at you* :D Can't wait to hear your thoughts, Mel!


  10. Ladytink_534 Says:

    Well, that certainly pique's my interest! Good teaser!

    Mine's up



  11. Melody Says:

    Wendy - I'm about 3/4 of the book and I really enjoy reading it. :)

    Julia - More like bittersweet, I'd say. ;)

    Gautami - It's good! I think I might read more books by this author in the near future.

    Alice - Yeah, that last sentence is so intriguing, isn't it?

    Beth - I love reading anything about ghost but there's nothing supernatural in this story at all. You've gotta read my review later, hehe.

    Nymeth - :D Thanks for the recommendation!

    Jen - LOL. I figure that'll get anyone's attention.

    Naida - Yes, it is! :)


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you.